Factory Images To Restore Your Phone Back to Factory or Unbrick Your Phone

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: How To Unbrick LGLS840 Back too LS840ZVC OR LS840ZVD Firmware

I just got a email from dropbox that I have too much traffic and they suspended the account for 72 hrs. I will post temp download link until the block is removed. I am uploading the files now.

EDIT - Temp link is setup for now look below step 2 and you see it

Last edited:

catchjeff

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Tommy

thank you very much for your help in getting my phone unbricked. Thank you also for the update to ICS and figuring out how to install the update. We dont need no stinking Sprint to push any updates, we gots tommy. Thanks man

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

I would like too take time and thank you members of Android Central for all the feedback and support. We have a great team of players on here working on projects on a daily basis too find ways too improve our devices. I would like too thank nigel and his people that been working and beta testing recovery so we can start making custom roms and be able too use recovery too start installing them. also I would like too thank everyone that was working on pulling the update.zip from google server so we could start installing ICS manually. we have alot of people working on that project . and that was a task alone. So thank you too uvstr36, nigel, lmoore, wormy, and too everyone else working on this project and If I have forgot anyone please let me know. Because you deserve your credit. I would like too also thank dark_mirage and his tester for working on flashable rom. So the point that I am making too this is we have the tools and talent and great group of people on here and I am looking forward too working with anyone that needs help or some beta testing and I am hoping very soon I will be able too make some kernels and roms. I will be taking sometime off from the forum starting in May 2013 as we are expecting new addition too our family. So in the meantime I am going too do what I enjoy too do and that is keep finding ways too help the forum out and keep making friends on the forum. Me and n0ve are trying too get together too start on some projects as well. So thank you n0ve for what your doing as well.

StephenUtterback

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

I can get all the way up to where you ask me to change my com ports. I can't find my device manager on my computer anywhere. Help?

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

I can get all the way up to where you ask me to change my com ports. I can't find my device manager on my computer anywhere. Help?
on windows 7 here the steps ok
Notes- put phone into download mode first
click on windows icon
right click on computers, then go to properties and click that. now you get a new window too popup. look for device manager on the left side of that popup and select device manager. then look for comm port and look for LGE android net serial port. and highlight it and then right click and look for properties and then select properties then look for port settings click that and then click advance and look for com port and thats where you change it com port 41 and then click on ok and your done.

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site

I keep getting a side by side configuration issue please help

The guide explains, your getting that error due to lack of .net framework or c+

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

mharrison82

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

It appears on Windows 8 the LG driver doesn't create the Com Port as stated in the steps. Searching for a way to make the unbrick method work with Windows 8.

Edit...

My mistake...had to reboot phone and it showed up.

Last edited:

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site

Thanks again tommy, i definitely will contact you soon and we'll start working on something, especially since we can create TI backup flashable roms w/ system/user app+data =)...i have alot of alphas done, just really not having much time to be on here, within a few days when im caught up with paid work, we'll catch up.

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Hey Tommy, any way you could update this thread and throw the ZVI update in the op and topic too, just since it is pinned so we can find it easily? I know you posted it in the other thread.

Appreciate all the help you've provided around here!

Sent from my V6Supercharged ICS-Flavored LG Viper using Tapatalk 2

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Hey Tommy, any way you could update this thread and throw the ZVI update in the op and topic too, just since it is pinned so we can find it easily? I know you posted it in the other thread.

Appreciate all the help you've provided around here!

Sent from my V6Supercharged ICS-Flavored LG Viper using Tapatalk 2

I made that change for you man. It is the op now. just look below LS840ZVD link.

joearaujo5488

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

hey...ive restored wit this method before and it worked...i am now trying to restore once again...im following the steps exactly as told...but as soon as i hit the yellow arrow to start...it just hangs on "READY" in the yellow box...any advice?

Dannyman3819

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

hey...ive restored wit this method before and it worked...i am now trying to restore once again...im following the steps exactly as told...but as soon as i hit the yellow arrow to start...it just hangs on "READY" in the yellow box...any advice?

Unplug and plug back in

arn1016

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site

Is there a way to find the msl number without alogcat ? It wasnt responding when i tried that way..

rose114221

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I can't get this to work. Is this guide for windows 7 x64? When I click on the arrow to start the process, it just says Ready!!! I unplug and reconnect the phone, no change.

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

I can't get this to work. Is this guide for windows 7 x64? When I click on the arrow to start the process, it just says Ready!!! I unplug and reconnect the phone, no change.

Did you go into device manager and change the port number?

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Hey guys had too check in and see whats new. I want too let everyone know. I no longer have a LG Viper 4G LTE. Due too number of replacements I had . So sprint was so wonderful and put me on Sprint Galaxy Nexus . I will provide much help as I can and any new updates that roll out I will post them. Since I can still get the Official tools and software. I will help out anyone that are having issues with there device. Happy Holidays

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site

Hey guys had too check in and see whats new. I want too let everyone know. I no longer have a LG Viper 4G LTE. Due too number of replacements I had . So sprint was so wonderful and put me on Sprint Galaxy Nexus . I will provide much help as I can and any new updates that roll out I will post them. Since I can still get the Official tools and software. I will help out anyone that are having issues with there device. Happy Holidays

Glad to see you around, another nexus swapper eh :/ .