Fantom Tempered Glass Screen Protector

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone going to get one? Trying to find a review but I guess it's too early.

Fantom for Android | XGearlive

I'm interested. I've been using the ones VZW sells in-store and while I don't hate them completely, they scratch easily and the fingerprint oils will never, EVER go away.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It is not cheap but if it is what it says it is then it should be well worth it. Definitely going to follow this product.

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I know, right? I want a review or something showing the application of it - I'm weary to pre-order until I know how it will even work. The technology and idea sounds pretty solid, though.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
What scares me is that it makes me think it will need a type of adhesive more powerful than the standard screen protector. Will this interfere with touch sensitivity? So like you going to web-mine for an early review.

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
They say it won't interfere at all, and that this style has been done before on other phones, so I'm not too worried about sensitivity. The adhesive and having to "cure" is something I don't feel like dealing with.

djyellowperil

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
there are no reviews because it has not been made yet. A guy that works for the company is answering questions on a thread on xda and if you want general info on this type of screen protector look up the spg glas.t. I just preordered this because the zagg screen protector I used right now is unsat.

Reactions: 7stringer

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I found the thread after I posted this and realized that it simply hadn't been created yet to find reviews. I think he'll have some pics/information soon - if it has a dry application, I'm all in. I don't want to be using adhesives, though I bet this one will.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Reviving an old post...

Does anyone have any first hand experience with this XGear Fantom screen protector? Fantom for Samsung | XGearlive I'm interested, but it's such a departure from traditional screen protectors that I want some more information. I've heard good things about the Spigen Glas tempored glass screen protector, but Spigen doesn't make one for the GNex. Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector GLAS Premium Tempered Glass Series | SPIGEN SGP

If anyone has used this XGear Fantom can you share your thoughts? How does it feel? Smooth? How does it look? Clear? How was the installation? Does it work with cases? Are all the cutouts located correctly? How is it holding up? Do you think it was worth the money?

Here's 2 videos that I found:

Installation video:

Video (apparently) showing it standing up to some abuse: