Filtering out FB Contacts from Address Book

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ive searched around and not seen this question answered yet.

When I crossed over from Blackberry to Android, during the sync process my Droid dragged ALL my Facebook contacts into my address book. That translates to over 1000 contacts.

Is there anyway to set up a filter to remove all the FB contacts from my Droid address book?

homeylarry

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
on the top of your contacts page it says "Contacts: All Contacts" click (touch) that and choose from the drop down what you want to use. the google ones are your phone ones

rinnr1

Press ALT-F4 to see nudes
May 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine did not because I didn't add Facebook to my Accounts folder so that might be why it imported them but I am afraid to add Facebook to that to see what happens.

Another thing I noticed is my Mom and Dad are under Mom and Dad in my address book but it pulled there email in for my company email as a sepeart contact so now I have a Mom and Dad and also their full name contact too.. lol

I linked them but then it uses their full name in my contacts which I don't want I need to mess around with it some see if I can figure it out..

Good luck on figuring out the Facebook thing

rinnr1

May 12, 2010
Visit site
on the top of your contacts page it says "Contacts: All Contacts" click (touch) that and choose from the drop down what you want to use. the google ones are your phone ones

hahaah well that fixed my issue too of the parents email and phone number having dual contacts..

Thanks!

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey Larry,

Do you have the Droid X? I am going to need a little more info because when I go to my contacts folder there is no "contacts" tab at the top of the page. Also I can't use the menu button to access any options from my contacts folder.

Could you give me a little further guidance?

rinnr1

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey Larry,

Do you have the Droid X? I am going to need a little more info because when I go to my contacts folder there is no "contacts" tab at the top of the page. Also I can't use the menu button to access any options from my contacts folder.

Could you give me a little further guidance?

Click on the White Siloutte dude on the bottom and you will see at the top of the contacts list it will say

"All contacts" and a green plus sign to the far right that will allow you to change it

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok,

thanks for the guidance. I figured it out. For everyone else:

Do not enter your contacts folder via the icon. There are no options other than search in that one. Select the dock icon on the lower right corner on one of your home pages. Within that subdirectory you can tap the "contacts" bar on the top of the page. Then select the "Google" group (not phone contacts). This will display all the address book contacts you brought over with Google Sync.

From then on access your address book from the dock icon to go directly to your phone contacts. If you do use your page icon, you will have to hit escape once to leave the master menu and then get the Google Contacts menu.

Thanks!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azrae9484