Question Fingerprint scanner not working after

nullthegreat

Feb 7, 2024
Visit site
I went through and disabled some apps and services on my a14 5g, now, even though it's enabled in aettings, the fingerprint scanner doesn't work at all.

So, what services and permissions are required for it to work?

How do I re-enable it?

nullthegreat

Feb 7, 2024
Visit site
What did you disable? Google Play Services?
That is one thing that I did not disable.
And I honestly don't remember everything that was disabled, I revoked permissions to some services in an attempt to stop Samsung's Incessant snooping by launching the camera in the background every time I visit fb or twitter.

I was hoping, that as in the pc world, to find a list of services necessary for it's function.

nullthegreat

Feb 7, 2024
Visit site
In there, it's basically all the samsung bloatware, nothing that seems connected to biometrics in any way aside from speech recognition.

It would almost certainly be easier to just know what needs to be enabled than to try and go through what I've disabled.

I revoked permissions through the permission manager, for everything that I could as I do not want or use the nonsense that is mostly used for ad tracking, "ai" garbage, etc.

Does any such list exist?

nullthegreat

Feb 7, 2024
Visit site
Ok can you show a screenshot of the list you turn permissions off and any other thing you did
I can do that later I suppose, it's going to be a lot of pictures though, and I find it hard to imagine that there isn't just a list of required services/permissions that would make this a lot easier to figure out.

Rather than by process of elimination.