First android tablet

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I came from a droid x device and switched to iPhone and iPad. Now that android has come so far I am looking for a 7 inch tablet for flipboard,Email,web, kindle app. I started researching and most tech sites are saying nexus 7 hands down. I go to you tube and see a lot of posts on people facing issues with the hardware build going through 3-4 devices to get one that works great. Thoughts on this ? Would you recommend it?

CJREX

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Most of the current build devices seem to be pretty much hassle free.

And yes, for the money you won't find a better 7" tablet.

jrhugs

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I spent months researching the Nexus 7, as I too was very wary of hardware flaws and software issues. I received a 32gb Nexus 7 as a gift about two weeks ago and disappointment is the last word I'd use to describe my experience with this tablet. The build quality is solid --it feels remarkably good in the hand-- and the software functionality leaves little to desired (I have yet to update to Android 4.2 because of the the negative reviews that have been floating around). It's a speedy, well priced tablet that is very comfortable to read on and to consume media with. And, I am one who has always been deeply entrenched in all things Apple (Macbook Pro/Apple laptops since I was in middle school), iPhone, iPod, iTunes everything if you catch my drift. Syncing the Nexus 7 with my Macbook Pro is a breeze and honestly using a different operating system is a welcomed change of pace.

Tl;dr - the Nexus 7 is a winner! Be sure to fiddle with the tablet at a brick and mortar store before you commit to buying one to make sure it's exactly what you're looking for.

Happy tablet hunting!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I came to the N7 from the original Kindle Fire. I couldn't be happier with it. I've had mine since early August, and have had no issues whatsoever with it. I doubt if those of us who are happy with it are posting videos and complaints...we just happily use our N7's!

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
A word of warning since you want to use the Kindle app, Amazon doesn't let you use their lending library through it, they would rather you purchase an actual Kindle. But if you don't use their lending library the app works fine.

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I personally havent had any problems at all, think its a fine device. Quite a lot of tech has problems like the 360 but get it from a shop and just swap it to a good one.

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Every device is going to have it's quirks. Nothing is ever perfect.

The Nexus 7 is also my first android device. I do wish somethings were different. And SD slot would have been nice. A default app to record video and sound from the device would have been nice as well. And a few others things could have been different.

That said, I am pleased with the end product despite the things I would have done differently if I had input in it's design.

For what I use it for, I find the size to be most efficient.

The Quad Core Processor and 12 core GPU works quite well.

And I find new apps regularly that really help the over all utility of the device.

In short, if someone asked me what 7 inch tablet to buy, I would not hesitate to suggest they get a nexus 7.