First time Fold "Crease" Impressions?

neoberry99

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
When I bought the phone I assumed I'll be using the big screen majority of the time but I find myself doing a lot of stuff on the outside screen. Maybe because the outside screen Has the same refresher rate as the big screen. I'm not sure but it is amazing

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I'd like to point out that seeing the phone at store and using it daily is whole different story... Most people will find it non issue.. You will always have some that might not agree but that's the beauty of individual choices...

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
When I bought the phone I assumed I'll be using the big screen majority of the time but I find myself doing a lot of stuff on the outside screen. Maybe because the outside screen Has the same refresher rate as the big screen. I'm not sure but it is amazing
I'm sure the outside screen is fine, however if were to use the outside mostly I would probably just but an S series or Note. I think I will use the inside screen more often.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure the outside screen is fine, however if were to use the outside mostly I would probably just but an S series or Note. I think I will use the inside screen more often.

I, too, wonder about which screen I will use most. Obviously, the Fold platform is new to some of us. I would be interested to hear from those who had the OG and 2 as to what screen they use. Like most of these phone questions I'm sure that people will have different preferences, but I wonder if there is a consensus.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I, too, wonder about which screen I will use most. Obviously, the Fold platform is new to some of us. I would be interested to hear from those who had the OG and 2 as to what screen they use. Like most of these phone questions I'm sure that people will have different preferences, but I wonder if there is a consensus.
It's going depend how you use your device mainly. If I'm sitting down and using applications for extended periods, I will most likey use it unfolded. On the go, I think folded is the best option for quick things. I'm not the type that walks around staring at their phone so I'm referring to phone, calls, messages and maybe looking something up quick.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
It's going depend how you use your device mainly. If I'm sitting down and using applications for extended periods, I will most likey use it unfolded. On the go, I think folded is the best option for quick things. I'm not the type that walks around staring at their phone so I'm referring to phone, calls, messages and maybe looking something up quick.

Agreed.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I anticipate using the cover screen primary and the inside screen when I'm able to use two hands and need more space. If I can do it on the outer screen, I will probably do it there first and then move to inside where needed. I've been wanting a mini-tablet and that's what I'd likely use it more for. Sometimes I want more space and my Tab S7+ is just too big to lug around all the time.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I anticipate using the cover screen primary and the inside screen when I'm able to use two hands and need more space. If I can do it on the outer screen, I will probably do it there first and then move to inside where needed. I've been wanting a mini-tablet and that's what I'd likely use it more for. Sometimes I want more space and my Tab S7+ is just too big to lug around all the time.
The great thing about the fold is we have options. Is it perfect at everything? Of course not, but I will enjoy it.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
This

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Just because you don't have an issue with it doesn't mean others won't have an issue with it. I've played with the Z Fold 3 at Best Buy and the crease was very visible. It's there.
Of course it's there. I just honestly don't see it when looking straight at the phone. Also depends on the lighting situation. If there are bright light sources to the left or right of the phone, the crease tends to minimally reflect that and becomes more visible.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
All this talk of inside/outside screens. Not having much luck Googling. Would someone please describe what you are referring to?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: First time Fold "Crease" Impressions?

All this talk of inside/outside screens. Not having much luck Googling. Would someone please describe what you are referring to?
Fold phones have front full screen when folded (basically like normal phone) and is referred as outside screen.

When you unfold it'll become a tablet which is the inside screen.

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

There she is! Hey Shaggy, once you Fold you may not go back! LoL
Had the ZF2 and it was Good... the ZF3 has the Spen. Awesome/
Peace

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok, now that I've finally experienced the "crease" - I cannot believe that this has caused so much attention with people hating on it. LOL, I barely notice it's there! Yes in certain lighting and reflections but wow it doesn't bother me in the least. Maybe it's because it's still new to me?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok, now that I've finally experienced the "crease" - I cannot believe that this has caused so much attention with people hating on it. LOL, I barely notice it's there! Yes in certain lighting and reflections but wow it doesn't bother me in the least. Maybe it's because it's still new to me?
How else its supposed to fold

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Sat through entire morning setting up and tweaking the ZF3, I didn't even notice. LOL

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene