Fitbit support under android 4.4 / moto x ?

gregg_fowler

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I've seen conflicting posts about this.

Moto x isn't officially listed on the fitbit site. I assumed this was because of bluetooth le libraries, which were added in android 4.3 and 4.4.

I have android 4.4 on an AT&T moto x. Fitbit detects the device, but it won't sync it (steps don't show up). An info icon next to the device says there are known issues with this device, not supported.

But I've seen other people here and on other sites say that it works. Is this a carrier specific issue (eg are the right bluetooth libraries not on this device). If you have a fitbit please post your experience and the carrier you are using.

Thanks

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have not updated yet to 4.4 on my Moto X. Once I do which I am waiting a week or so before i do. Then I will see about syncing my zip with it.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The official app doesn't support the Moto X, but there are some "fixed" versions of the app on XDA that work. Search for Fitbit Mobile Sync Bluetooth 4.0 LE.

Syncing works well. I was hoping I could use my Fitbit Zip as a trusted BT device, but I haven't figured that out yet. It syncs with the app, but in the general BT settings area, it doesn't seem to pair with the phone the way other devices do.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2492436

The above thread is from a developer who has taken the Android fitbit app and made a code adjustment to work for other phones including the Moto X. I have tested in with my AT&T Moto X on 4.4 and my girlfriends Fitbit Flex. The 1.8.2 file is based upon the fitbit update released as of Nov 22. The app does not require root.

Sent from my Nexus 7

anon(30235)

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The Moto X is now supported by Fitbit. However, since it pairs through the app, I haven't figured out how to make it a Trusted Device.

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Fitbit is supported now, however the app might still be in beta. I have the zip and it works fine, however it is not a trusted device as its not always on I think.

Not sure about the other ones.

BrokenKid

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
The Moto X is now supported by Fitbit. However, since it pairs through the app, I haven't figured out how to make it a Trusted Device.

Yeah, it's nice to have syncing finally. But it would be perfect if it was an always-paired device to make it trusted. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem like an option.

Ricky Huynh1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm the FitBit Force is able to sync directly to my Moto X with 4.4. Also, as long as I have bluetooth on, the Force connects to the phone. I'm not sure if that's why you meant by 'trusted devices'.

BrokenKid

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm the FitBit Force is able to sync directly to my Moto X with 4.4. Also, as long as I have bluetooth on, the Force connects to the phone. I'm not sure if that's why you meant by 'trusted devices'.

It syncs fine. However, it does not appear to pair under Bluetooth. To count as a trusted device (which would allow the device to stay unlocked as long as it's paired), it would have to stay paired. Sorta like people say the Pebble does. Too bad, because I always have the Force on, and it would be perfect for that type of device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatJimmy