Flashed custom ROM - Did I make a schoolboy error?

Griff88

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I finally grew sick and tired of my ageing HTC Desire telling me it was low on storage and decided to root it and flash a custom ROM - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2188931

As far as I can tell I rooted it fine and flashed the ROM correctly but I've got an issue.

While I can make calls from the Desire fine it simply doesn't want to connect to the mobile network.

"Data Enabled" is ticked/selected and "Mobile network type" is showing as HSDPA. However "Mobile network state" says disconnected and trying to do anything over the network just results in a no network connection message.

Have I made a mistake in the process and/or is there something I missed out?

(Wireless works fine but I want/need to use the mobile network when I'm out and about)

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Check and see if the ROM you flashed is meant for CDMA devices.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Droid DNA
S-off, boot loader unlocked
illusion CM10.1

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Apparently it doesn't support CDMA devices :(

HOWEVER - It's now working fine. For some reason it defaulted to the wrong APN and once I changed that it's now working fine.

That's an issue I've seen with a few (not meant for CDMA) but often manually changing the settings to global and changing the APN works. Glad you got it sorted out!

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Droid DNA
illusion CM10.1

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Did you clean flash it? I recommend going back and reflashing and making sure that cache, data, and dalvik cache are all wiped.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Droid DNA
illusion CM10.1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmc