Flip 3 to S23+

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
First full day with my S23+ yesterday after accidentally nearly ripping the screen off my Zflip3 tryna remove a screen protector. Turns out you're not supposed to remove a factory screen protector on ANY flip/fold device. Nobody ever told me that before I unknowingly pulled mine apart.

The battery life on the S23+..wow. Just wow.

An entire day doing my normal phone usage, which is heavy, and still went to bed with 20%.

I like being able to use DEX again also.

I can find this one easier. The Flip, when closed, is just small and falls in cracks and so forth. This one seems to be more formidable like my old Note 8 that I rarely ever lost.

Just saying hi and loving the new phone, esp battery life.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm considering the S23. I have a Tab S8 for longer viewing sessions. For the first time, I'm considering a smaller phone. The extra money for a larger screen on the Plus just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I think the S23 is too small for me. I'm really seriously considering the Flip 5 as I can get it for free through Verizon. I need to watch some more reviews on it.

Reactions: J Dubbs

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I think the S23 is too small for me. I'm really seriously considering the Flip 5 as I can get it for free through Verizon. I need to watch some more reviews on it.
I have the Flip 3 and overall have been very impressed with the build and screen.. plus no issues except a couple of update problems that I was able to solve.. but definitely were a little frustrating. The 5 has a bigger battery but it still sounds like it may not be the phone for power users... you could ask in the Flip 5 forum 😉

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to pass on the Flip 5 as the battery life looks to be average.
Good choice. AS I posted in another thread, the reason that I moved away from any Flip is the worst battery life I've ever had in a phone. Needed charging 3 or 4 times a day. Plus I accidentally tore the screen trying to change the screen protector. It wasn't until then that I was told you don't need to change the factory screen protector ever. Or that could happen. On any flip/fold. Best mistake I've ever made.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yep if you're a heavier phone user coming from a phone with a bigger battery, the 3 will give you major battery anxiety 😱 I used an original pixel (not XL) which had about the same size battery as my Flip 3 I believe, and I was okay with that, so I figured I'd be okay with the 3.

But coming directly from a pixel 3XL, a big phone with a big battery, to the Flip 3, I definitely noticed the difference. There's not much extra battery if I change my phone habits any 😆

So if I do change my habits at all, I'll have to stick to my P6Pro 👍

For anyone who's went from the Flip 3 to 5, how much more battery life are you getting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001