Flossy just posted his review on the S22 Ultra!

Shelacios

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I can't imagine he's that wrong, although I listen mostly for entertainment purposes. I only upgrade only 2-3 years, so for me the upgrade makes since. I won't upgrade for the S23U for example.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
The Note 20 Ultra 5g Snapdragon 865+ version was a solid phone and definitely a keeper like Flossy said but the Exynos 990 was a different story, probably the biggest gap there has been between the two chipsets with many reports saying up to a 30% difference in a lot of tests.

So while people may be on the fence upgrading from the Snapdragon version, upgrading from the Exynos version is well worth it in my opinion, only real downside is losing the SD card slot oh and of course the 'Note' name!

That crappy Exynos Note 20 Plus was a major reason I didn't upgrade my Note 10 Plus that year. Which has turned out to my benefit. I bought my first ever Apple product, the iPhone 11 Pro Max and subsequently the Apple Watch 6. My Note 10 Plus is STILL working great and I've decided to order the Snapdragon S22 Ultra later this year. Its physical dimensions are much more appealing to me than those of the Note 20 Plus. I'm tired of Samsung short-changing me with the Exynos models and still charging the same dollar equivalent.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
That crappy Exynos Note 20 Plus was a major reason I didn't upgrade my Note 10 Plus that year. Which has turned out to my benefit. I bought my first ever Apple product, the iPhone 11 Pro Max and subsequently the Apple Watch 6. My Note 10 Plus is STILL working great and I've decided to order the Snapdragon S22 Ultra later this year. Its physical dimensions are much more appealing to me than those of the Note 20 Plus. I'm tired of Samsung short-changing me with the Exynos models and still charging the same dollar equivalent.

To be fair the Exynos 2200 this year is not so far behind the Snapdragon, with optimisations it's pretty close and worth going for.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Iam mainly upgrading because of the camera and battery life....
Not selling my Note 20 ultra 512 gb snapdragon version....
my Note 20 u mainly struggles with portrait pics.. As my wife and me a influencers we need good portrait pics
heard S22 ultra has very good camera set up and clicks best portrait as of now

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I don't know why I like my S22U so much but I do. ...don't care what any haters might think, this phone is just. Nice. Perfect? No. Very nice? Yes.

Only thing I can say is that after applying the Whitestone Dome I have to lick my thumb for the fpr to work. However, I'd read similar accounts so not surprised. It's fine.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Not going to watch a 1hr42min review of a phone that can be reviewed in 10 mins. I skipped large parts of it. Seems like his major gripe is that it's not much of an improvement over the Note 20 and has some downgrades in some areas or not up to par with other phones which is a fair critique.

Not a fan of flossy though, he says the same things over and over and over. Get too repetitive.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Not going to watch a 1hr42min review of a phone that can be reviewed in 10 mins. I skipped large parts of it. Seems like his major gripe is that it's not much of an improvement over the Note 20 and has some downgrades in some areas or not up to par with other phones which is a fair critique.

Not a fan of flossy though, he says the same things over and over and over. Get too repetitive.

Totally agree on his views with the ir blaster and no headphone jack though. The Chinese phones are 30 percent cheaper and have IR blaster. Not saying those are better phones but a cheaper phone has an IR blaster? I can see his micro SD gripe too.

Of course it comes to profits too. Rising cost and trying to maximize profits like no charger, IR blaster, etc. Same thing in the stores smaller packaging on your food but prices still cost more.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
An hour and a half for a phone review? Yikes. It's better than those 6 minute review videos, I guess.

Flossy's reviews are the only ones I really pay attention to since he actually spends time using the phone before reviewing it, unlike other reviewers who get a lot of views and only use the phone for five days before they go back to their iPhones.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I enjoy watching Flossy and his cat. I try to not ever go by their reviews on making my buying decisions. I figured out within the day of setting up my s22 ultra that I could have kept my n20 ultra. It's basically the same phone , but i'm happy with it nonetheless .

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Well, he does have a tech review channel right?? if he didn't buy all the latest phones and accessories... His YouTube page would be pretty quiet wouldn't it?

And I don't think he upgrade his phones, he buys all his phones he reviews even if he's given a review phone by the manufacturer.

LOL....I love how reviewers tell people not to upgrade, and then what do they do? They upgrade.

Last edited:

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Well, he does have a tech review channel right?? if he didn't buy all the latest phones and accessories... His YouTube page would be pretty quiet wouldn't it?

And I don't think he upgrade his phones, he buys all his phones he reviews even if he's given a review phone by the manufacturer.

Nope. He upgrades to every Samsung phone, with his own money. He says it upfront.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Nope. He upgrades to every Samsung phone, with his own money. He says it upfront.

Yes, he says he uses his money when purchasing all his phones. What I'm saying is that if it were a traditional upgrade, he'd be trading in his phones but he's paying for each phone and keeps many of his older phones that you will see him pull out at times for comparison.

Of course you realize he's "upgrading" so that he can review them as a Youtuber to review and to be able to recommend to the avg consumer... that it's not worth upgrading. That was my point.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

This. His job is to literally upgrade to whatever new phone comes out so he can review them and keep his job. Not sure I understand the criticism that he upgrades his phones all the time since he kind of has to. He's telling the average consumer, which isn't any of us, to not upgrade from the N20U to the S22U since it's an incremental upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgsegds