Fold 3 with no screen protector?

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, that's it. After some months of intensive daily usage, my original Fold 3 inner screen protector began to peel off so I, obviously, removed it entirely. I already ordered a new one made with hidrogel, but having used it for some hours now, I'm impressed by how well this thing looks and fells without the protection. So I'm starting to consider leaving it like that until November or December, when I plan to upgrade it to the new Fold 4.

So, anyone here is using their Fold 3 without inner screen protection? And, if so, how's the general experience?

jimmynexus

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
When I had my Fold 2, I used it without the inner protector for a number of months, it was fine, apart from some very small marks in the screen where I scroll. It was well worth it though, to have the quality of the screen!

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the fold 3 back in November on Swappa, seller didn't tell me they had removed both inner and outer screen protectors or I probably would have balked on the sale. But I have been using it since November without a screen protector on it. Love the feel of it and I may eventually put one on the inner screen if I go to trade it in on the next fold. I use the spen a good bit and screen is pristine. But I am not around anything where dirt or sand may get in it. I have read there are others with their screen protectors off and are enjoying it. I have heard both sides of the story about Samsung voiding warranty if the screen protector is off. Some swear they won't and some swear the only way the warranty is voided is if you damage the screen taking the protector off. Anyway, can't tell you what to do but for now my phone feels and looks great as it is and am currently leaving it that way.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I’m still using my Gold 3 with no screen protector. Still no marks, but I have to say the inner screen appears to attract less fingerprints without it…

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Still have the original protector if that goes then white stone not taking any chances as I don't use insurance

Blasted_1

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the fence. My screen is quite dusty/dirty on a regular basis. The top middle of the screen has been peeling for awhile now but not sure I want to go the rest of the way with it.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm on the fence. My screen is quite dusty/dirty on a regular basis. The top middle of the screen has been peeling for awhile now but not sure I want to go the rest of the way with it.

I would be leery myself... if you could get the protector replaced under warranty that might be the better call. Just find a shop with experience replacing fold screen protectors. You can damage the screen from what I understand if you're not really careful.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I would be leery myself... if you could get the protector replaced under warranty that might be the better call. Just find a shop with experience replacing fold screen protectors. You can damage the screen from what I understand if you're not really careful.
I did that and that screen protector ended up doing the same thing.

The WSD is easy to put on, resists dust and finger prints way better than the stock and so far it's sticking fine. It's still early yet as it's only been a few months at most. Really not much to be leery about IMO...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d