Font size in Calendar Too Big!

pjunk

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Galaxy S II (T-Mobile) and love it! Replacing my Nexus One from 2.5 years ago (just running out of memory).

Everything is awesome except one thing. The calendar that comes with the phone (TouchWiz Calendar) has fonts that are so big I can't really tell what's what in Day view. I'm a very heavy calendar user.

The old stock calendar that came with the Nexus One was essentially perfect. Looked just like the web interface, readability-wise.

I don't want to root the phone to try to get the old calendar on.
I've looked at other calendar apps, but they either don't do enough or too much (and still hard to read):
- Jorte
- Business Calendar (close, but the UI is buggy)
- CalenGoo ($5.99? No free version?)
- a few others I don't remember

So, short version of the question: Is there a way to change the font on the Day View of the TouchWiz calendar?

Oh, and I have changed the fonts for the system as a whole, to no avail.

Thanks!

P

lhweb

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
The best calendar app is calendarpad and it's free. Syncs with google calendar and you can set the font size. I rely HEAVILY on shared calendars and this app is the reason I'm an Android user.

Last edited:

pjunk

May 17, 2010
Visit site
@lhweb - thanks for the suggestion. I assume you mean "CalendarPad", because "CalendaPad" isn't in the market. I did download CalendarPad, and it's pretty decent. However, in the day view, it doesn't show all the appts during a busy day, unless you touch the hour you're interested in...then it gives you a popup agenda view. Clever, but a bit unwieldy.

Honestly, I'm so surprised that Samsung's TouchWiz calendar doesn't let you change the fonts...am I missing something???