For Realies, I need some good advice!

Cassandra Haskins

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello all!
I am not a techie geek....AT ALL! I like my technical stuff and I love to be connected. I am currently in the market for a 10 inch tablet. I have decided on the Nexus 10. I have a Nexus 4 phone and I am in love. I am also a Google junkie! I have gmail, use the google calendar as well as Drive. and I love my Google now on my phone.
Here is my question for you Techie geniuses.
Should I get a 16GB or pay the other 100 bucks for the 32GB? Here is what I will be doing with it.
I work back to back 16 hour overnight shifts at a hospital. So I mainly want something to keep me occupied on these long overnight shifts. I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Accses to HBO and MAX go and many of my Blu-ray's are on Ultraviolet. So I will not need to ever load more than one movie onto the tablet unless we go on a flight or something and then maybe one or two movies that can be taken off afterwards. The hospital has great Wifi connection. I might store a little music on it but I mainly use my phone for that and I also use Google Music so really no need to take anything major off of the cloud. I am also a college student (professional) so I will probably be finding all sorts of uses for a tablet in that capacity rather than hauling my laptop around. In addition to the tablet I will be purchasing, I have a smart phone and a 7 inch tablet that is 4g accessible, a laptop and desktop. Not to mention in the household there is another laptop and smartphone. Normally I would just get the bigger one and move on with my life. However, my boyfriend is showing some interest in a tablet and I want to get him one for his birthday, he just wants something to look at Pulse and Device on basically a bigger version of his phone....which is an iPhone 5, boooooo! I know but he thinks he likes it. I am going to be buying an iPad2 for him in September, which is 399 bucks, I am trying to be as budget conscience as I can right now.
So, with all of that in mind,......My question for you guys is this
Do I really need to get the 32GB version of this tablet? And if you guys could please give me pros and cons of each size I would really appreciate it. I know that usually bigger is better in these cases but If I can save my 100 dollars I would like to.:-$ As a reference I am currently using 12.92GB of my 16GB Nexus 4 phone.
Thank you guys so much in advance for all of your help!:D

Ribs85

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Gonna be honest, didn't read most of your post. Please try to punctuate better next time.

Basically, if you're okay for space on your Nexus 4, and plan on using the nexus 10 in a similar way, then save the money.

If you're going for big chunks I time without wifi and want to save a lot of media to view later, it might be worth investing the extra.

Or, of course, if your find space a major constraint on the nexus 4, then you also have your answer.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
You only have 3gb left on your phone, I suspect you would shortly find yourself running low on storage space on a 16gb tablet.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
As a reference I am currently using 12.92GB of my 16GB Nexus 4 phone.

I was going to say save your money until I read that last statement. Do you expect to use that much on your tablet or is there a lot of crap on your phone that will never get put on the tablet? I bought the 16GB Nexus 10 and I don't think I will ever need more space than that. In addition, I have an OTG cable and the Nexus Media Importer app so I can connect a flash drive and watch movies off that any time I wish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej