for those that might be interested

zyad

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
What advantages does this have over the app "GMD Immersive" ?
One side effect of GMD Immersive is that the keyboard won't pop up unless you bring up the status bar with a swipe up.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Couldn't figure out this way described above past the black box part but installed GMD Immersive from the play store and love it so far.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I tried this with the adb command. I liked that apps covered the whole screen although some still didn't. I switched it back because I couldn't stand having to swipe up to go back. I also did the adb command to make the buttons always on the home screen but am having second thoughts about possible burn in issues but I don't see anything in the article about how to reverse that one back?

Kirk Maluo

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
What advantages does this have over the app "GMD Immersive" ?
One side effect of GMD Immersive is that the keyboard won't pop up unless you bring up the status bar with a swipe up.
GMD Immersive still holds onto the space where the Notification and Nav bars are supposed to be. Is there a trick to fully expand these? I have all apps set to full screen in the S8 system settings.

I did notice that the developer hasn't updated the app since 2014 though.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to reverse this command?
adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.navigation=apps,- com.sec.android.app.launcher
The damn article don't say how to reverse this and I can't find anything on Google either

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know how to reverse this command?
adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.navigation=apps,- com.sec.android.app.launcher
The damn article don't say how to reverse this and I can't find anything on Google either

adb shell settings put global policy_control null*

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
adb shell settings put global policy_control null*

That only reverses the first part with removing the navigation buttons in apps not the second part that keeps the navigation buttons always on in the homescreen
Edit: Sorry I figured it out. I'm a *****. I guess the navigation buttons are supposed to stay on in the homescreen lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradypsnyder