Formatting my Custom Recovery to Install a new Recovery?

jSterling

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, this is my problem.

I recently tried to flash a new recovery to my Optimus V through a terminal emulator. I got a bunch of read/write errors and the final error related to there not being enough space. At first I didn't think it did much, so I restarted the phone to try to flash a custom ROM, the whole purpose of me switching recoveries was because Clockworkmod 3.2.0.0 only gives me Status 7 errors the entire time, no matter what ROM I try to flash.

So I restarted, key combo, and I get a blue screen with 2 lines of text. Dead end, no more recovery. I feel naked now, and unprotected. My phone boots into Android fine though, so right now I am trying to find the safest way possible to flash a new recovery to my phone. If anyone could please point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. I tried looking but couldn't find anything closely related to my issue.

jSterling

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, for anyone else that's having this kind of problem where they lock themselves out of recovery for some reason, but can access their phone as normal, do these steps, it worked PERFECT for me, and I figured it out all on my own! What a better feeling?

1. Download a Terminal Emulator
2. Move the new recovery you want installed to your sdcard (ALSO RENAME IT TO recovery.img, this helped me a LOT)
3. Make sure SuperUser is installed on your phone, or download OneClick and get ShellRoot for the time being
4. Open your terminal emulator
5. Type "su" for superuser authority (You should now see a # instead of a $)
6. Now type the following:

flash_image recovery recovery.img
a new line should appear very shortly, and that's it!

Sorry for the poorly written instructions but hopefully someone gets it, and I'm sure it's explained a lot better somewhere else around here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk