Foxfi doesn't work with jelly bean :(

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I am glad it is working OK for you. Just call me bitter/disappointed.

I understand the way you feel though believe me. The only regret I have for upgrading to 4.1 was the loss of foxfi. It's incredibly hard to replace without root and I enjoyed using it on your BlackBerry PlayBook as well.

paigemariee

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I suppose I should be been more specific that it's a good enough solution for me. As for saying that it doesn't support WiFi hot spot, I find that 1/2 accurate. The data that is transferred between the devices can be transmitted via WiFi, within that "closed" environment. Sure I can't use many apps that require a data connection, but my phone will suffice for those functions.
My interest was to be able to use the Web on my Note 10.1 through my Evo. This it does well and that's all I really need on the go.

The Android bug that prevents some apps from working properly over Open Garden is being addressed by the Android team. They said around 6 months for a fix about 2 months ago.... so hopefully that means within the next year. :p

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=33666#c31

beastman#AC

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Netflix along with most streaming videos don't work, but cnn reading works, as does gmail. I have a email in to tech support. I have an HTC EVO 4G LTE phone and a Lenovo A129 ideapad.

jc411

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Netflix along with most streaming videos don't work, but cnn reading works, as does gmail. I have a email in to tech support. I have an HTC EVO 4G LTE phone and a Lenovo A129 ideapad.

Netflix/Veetle/streaming apps work on my One V's jelly bean.. but that may be because I'm rooted & on a custom rom.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michaelcrook