Free 2GB of data promo with app download and sign up

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi. I'm not sure if this has been posted here, but I just got off the phone with Verizon regarding a question about my bill and the rep told me about this promo. As of today, if you go to the Play Store/App Store and download and sign up for their app, go90, you will instantly be given 2GB of free data. I'm not sure if this timeframe will be for everyone but it said that my free data promo is set to end 3/18/16, so I'm guessing it's just for 4 months. But any extra free data is better than nothing, no matter how long or short it last. :) I don't know if you have to use the app or even keep it on your phone for that matter. Hope this helps someone!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I posted about this a while back, but it's still going. I never used the app. Just download, create account, wait for data credit, delete account, remove app, done.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Right now they have a typo on their website -- Wouldn't it be nice if it was an extra 24 GB per line activation for life? :D.

Attachments

• vzw.png
    vzw.png
    198.4 KB · Views: 108

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Not a typo. 24 gb per year, or 2gb per month. Just typical semi deceptive marketing.

How is that deceptive? Seems pretty clear to me. Each line you activate or upgrade on the XL/XXL plan gets 2GB of extra data per month for as long as they remain on the plan. 12 months * 2 GB = 24 GB/year.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
How is that deceptive? Seems pretty clear to me. Each line you activate or upgrade on the XL/XXL plan gets 2GB of extra data per month for as long as they remain on the plan. 12 months * 2 GB = 24 GB/year.

Posted via the Android Central App

Well it could be confusing to some who might think it is 24gb per month,since some people don't read and just look at the number...

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My thoughts are there's a catch like VZW has embedded Spyware in it for marketing. I don't need 2G more at that kind of price.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon offers these things from time to time and there's no real catch. As I mentioned in my thread about it, I suspect they'll soon up the standard allotments anyway if they're willing to offer this promo for life.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My thoughts are there's a catch like VZW has embedded Spyware in it for marketing. I don't need 2G more at that kind of price.

Is that in the fine print somewhere?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
There is some content in the app only available to Verizon subscribers, but that's all I saw in the fine print. Nothing about adding spyware or anything like that, even when going through the app's EULA.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I got the VZ AD, associate director to give me the extra 2GB added to my 12GB plan, a month after I bought the Note 5 and dropped the UDP.

My bill looks like it says it's there for as long as I have the current plan.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
There is some content in the app only available to Verizon subscribers, but that's all I saw in the fine print. Nothing about adding spyware or anything like that, even when going through the app's EULA.

I got the VZ AD, associate director to give me the extra 2GB added to my 12GB plan, a month after I bought the Note 5 and dropped the UDP.

My bill looks like it says it's there for as long as I have the current plan.
Missed this promo by a couple days. Tried to get it @ a VZW corporate store & they wouldn't give it to me. I don't mean the ad promo I'm referring to the one they had on their website recently.