Free HDMI Mirroring/Cloning with HDMwIn

Obama

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow! I approve!

Downloading now!

That's a promise you can count on.

But really... Awesome work! I'm going to try my best to write my own front end. :)

And that's change you can believe in!

discdoc

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Quick question (and one that might have already been answered)... the app is working fine for me. However, when I start it up, it prompts me to download a new module. If I click to start download, the app force closes. If I press the back button, it works fine. Am I doing something wrong with regard to downloading the new module? Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

agrabren

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
This is a problem with the auto-updated that Shinzul is working on. It should be resolved soon. For now, you can just hit back and ignore it. Soon, we'll have the issues ironed out of it, and the auto-updater will be nice and smooth for everyone.

Reactions: discdoc

joeykrim

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Quick question (and one that might have already been answered)... the app is working fine for me. However, when I start it up, it prompts me to download a new module. If I click to start download, the app force closes. If I press the back button, it works fine. Am I doing something wrong with regard to downloading the new module? Any thoughts on this? Thanks!
When you say "module" do you mean hdmi daemon or kernel?
I haven't been around enough for the testing the last few weeks to know the current status, so I'd trust agraben.
I'm looking through the code (i'm pretty sure shinzul keeps it all updated online) and not seeing anything pop out at me. If you want to attach your logcat, i.e. run the app, make it FC and grab the last 200-300 lines of the logcat, that should be sufficient. It will show the debug output shinzul has coded in the app along with the line of code which caused it to crash.
Once we have the logcat, I can start stepping through the code looking for the line causes the error for you.
Otherwise, when shinzul is around, he'll be able to answer 100x quicker, but I'm curious and willing to help in the meantime!

ninjabunny

Banned
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow! I approve!

Downloading now!

That's a promise you can count on.

But really... Awesome work! I'm going to try my best to write my own front end. :)

And that's change you can believe in!

I am thinking the same thing... I figure if I can come up with something spiffy, another free HDMI out app on the market would be welcomed. Thanks agrabren for all the great info and tools!

Last edited:

discdoc

May 21, 2010
Visit site
When you say "module" do you mean hdmi daemon or kernel?
I haven't been around enough for the testing the last few weeks to know the current status, so I'd trust agraben.
I'm looking through the code (i'm pretty sure shinzul keeps it all updated online) and not seeing anything pop out at me. If you want to attach your logcat, i.e. run the app, make it FC and grab the last 200-300 lines of the logcat, that should be sufficient. It will show the debug output shinzul has coded in the app along with the line of code which caused it to crash.
Once we have the logcat, I can start stepping through the code looking for the line causes the error for you.
Otherwise, when shinzul is around, he'll be able to answer 100x quicker, but I'm curious and willing to help in the meantime!

Thanks for the help! How do I find the crash log?

shift_

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help! How do I find the crash log?

here are ways to get a logcat:

Option #1
1. Download aLogcat from the market
2. Launch the aLogcat
3. Go launch the program thats crashing, allow it to crash
4. Go back to aLogcat
5. Menu -> Send
6. Email it to yourself, then post it on here for agrabren/shinzul + thread

Option #2
1. Hook your phone to your computer with the usb cable
2. With your fav CLI type: "adb shell logcat > crashlog.txt" (w/o the " ")
3. On the EVO launch the program that's causing problems, allow it to crash
4. In the CLI hit "crtl+c" (to stop the logging process)
5. In the same folder as adb will be a text file called "crashlog.txt"
6. Post it on here so that agrabren/shinzul + thread can take a look at it

Option #3
1. open terminal on your phone
2. if the character showing is a '$' type "su"
3. type "locat > /sdcard/logcat.txt"
4. post the logcat.txt file on your SD card on here so that agrabren/shinzul + thread can take a look at it

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Just heard you guys have audio via HDMI coming in the next CM7 nightly. Awesome job!

Any chance of 1024x768? It's about a 15% reduction in bandwidth and would be a good balance between 800x600 and 720P

agrabren

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Any chance of 1024x768? It's about a 15% reduction in bandwidth and would be a good balance between 800x600 and 720P

The only benefit 1024x768 would have is for portrait mode. 800x600 has the perfect horizontal resolution for the rotated display. It would be easy to add 1024x768 support, but I'm not sure the demand is great enough for it as a feature. I've been focusing more attention, feature-wise, on non-kernel changes. The kernel is getting harder to push integrations to from CM, and I'm not interested in supporting a side-branched kernel.

Reactions: shift_

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lather7753