Free HDMI Mirroring/Cloning with HDMwIn

ninjabunny

Banned
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
FINALLY!! I never ever will have a reason to go back to Sense!!! You guys are all awesome!! Market updated me to 1.2.1 and now sound works great in cm7.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Excellent work!!!!

Looks like I will be using my hdmi out more often!

Like what ninjabunny said, no more reasons for having Sense roms!

joeykrim

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Technical Details

1. How mirroring works
this is the most detailed and helpful post I have ever read on why HDMI on the EVO doesn't work well stock and has been so restricted since I purchased it on June 4th 2010.
this is incredible. i appreciate all the time it has taken to build this product, all for free and the taken time to explain the whole process, including the technical details, limitations of the system and logic behind each step.
it is finally, so helpful to read intelligently why I can't straight connect my EVO via HDMI to any other display device and just have it work! thank you!!

evoKY

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
This just made me fall in love with my Evo all over again. My upgrade isn't until April 2012 and for once I don't care about the wait!

steelewise

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
i just switched to cmy from mikfroyo4.5 and i cant get hdmwin working now.
It was working great before.
I used caulkins wipe installed cm7
restored my apps
tried hdmwin... no joy
uninstalled the app clear casche and dalvik cache downloaded app from market fresh install
all i ever get is cable not detected error
PLease help id hate to have to switch back to mikfroyo for this im lovin cm7 but i use my hdmi out a lot

agrabren

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
all i ever get is cable not detected error
PLease help id hate to have to switch back to mikfroyo for this im lovin cm7 but i use my hdmi out a lot

This is interesting. We didn't touch any of the HDMI detection logic, it's all HTC and Qualcomm code. Could you get us a kmsg log from when you plug your HDMI cable in?

From a root adb shell (or a root terminal prompt on the device):
cat /proc/kmsg > /sdcard/kmsg.log
[plug in your hdmi cable]
<ctrl>-c
Then copy /sdcard/kmsg.log and PM it to me. That will contain the details about the HDMI detection.

agrabren

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having an issue with wiring where it loses connection to the wireless network once the HDMI is connected?

I haven't been able to repro this problem. But let me get toastcfh involved, since he knows a lot more about the kernel than I do. He might have some ideas...

agrabren

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
We're aware of issues regarding HDMI audio, and we have a fix in the pipeline. We released it as quickly as we could so people could enjoy it, but it does have a few kinks to work out.

For best results, make sure you're already mirroring before turning on HDMI audio. And turn off HDMI audio before you disable mirroring. We should have a short-term fix in place tomorrow for that, and we have a longer-term fix which is far more robust for HDMI audio nearly completed.

agrabren

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Still no love for 6.1.2 Wimax. Until 7 has a working mouse pointer and USB transfer rate fix I'm kinda stuck on 6.

Loki, after we get all the wrinkles ironed out of our CM7 version, we might look to build a CM6 version. But because CM6 is already in sustaining, and not gaining new features, it's not really high on our priority, as we'd be unlikely to be able to integrate everything over. On top of that, the kernel is only getting as much attention as is required to make our product work. We allow the different kernel owners (CM, Netarchy, Savaged-zen, etc) to decide which versions of which kernels they'd like to port the baseline changes to. We simply provided the blueprints for the kernel changes.

Reactions: Lokifish

steelewise

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I fixed it!
I think it was because of my permissions????
I used cm7 nightly 28 with savagedzen and tiamat an nothin then switched to nightly 30 same thing.
I finally said o well and just hit ok instead of the back arrow for the new module download, as soon as i did that it asked for super user permissions i hit ok and then backed out of the download. I did get a force close but when i restarted the app everything popped up!
Hope this helps someone else it sure drove me nuts...lol
I am tethered right now watching droidtv on my plasma with full audio working great!!!
Amazing work guys!!! keep up the awesome updates!

ninjabunny

Banned
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
We're aware of issues regarding HDMI audio, and we have a fix in the pipeline. We released it as quickly as we could so people could enjoy it, but it does have a few kinks to work out.

For best results, make sure you're already mirroring before turning on HDMI audio. And turn off HDMI audio before you disable mirroring. We should have a short-term fix in place tomorrow for that, and we have a longer-term fix which is far more robust for HDMI audio nearly completed.

Looking forward to an updated version....although I seem to be having little to no issues with audio as is.

agrabren

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having an issue with wiring where it loses connection to the wireless network once the HDMI is connected?

Can you get us a kmsg and logcat of the issue? That'll help us figure out what's going on. The two areas are completely independent of each other, so we're both confused...

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Can you get us a kmsg and logcat of the issue? That'll help us figure out what's going on. The two areas are completely independent of each other, so we're both confused...

How do I do that? I am sorry I am new to Android. I am surprised no one else is having this issue because it seems connected to the HDMI mirroring. Once I plug the HDMI cable and enable mirroring I lose connection to my wireless network. Once I unplug the HDMI and disable it, it connects back again.

Last edited: