From Twitter: "Thunderbolts are go!!!!"

jpedroza

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I find the launch of this phone or lack of and rumors almost funny at this point.

I was at the bestbuy a few days ago and a guy was pre-ordering the Thunderbolt and they told him he could pick in up monday.

Today I went to bestbuy a hour ago to grab a few movies and went by the mobile department and they had a sign up now ( not a big nice glossy sign just a print out from a normal printer ) above the picture of the Thunderbolt saying Available 2-28-2011.

When a sales rep came up and asked if I needed any help, I pointed at the sign and said I don't believe that and laughed. He laughed and said " Me either, I'm sure we will get a call tomorrow morning from verizon saying it's delayed again"

My translation, I'm thinking/hoping we will get a offcial release date in a few days time, this week I hope.

I was at Best Buy a couple days ago. They told me the 28th too. Tomorrow will come and go with no Thunderbolt.

ntrimm

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
From the looks of the forums, blackmanx is very reputable and gives solid information. Im just wondering if things have changes since his tweet because. I just called 3 local best buys in the area and each one told me they received updates around 1pm central time today and they all told me the same date of March 28th before they receive the phones. ??? Someone help me out here. I know VZW and HTC were shooting for a 2011 Q1 launch but if the phones dont get into stores until March 28th, thats cutting it close. ??? Black_man_x. please chime in man! Help us out

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
That is because Panda dropped a piece of data in front of us and becuase for days we had zero legit data to inform our decision making we all brightened up (No "scented candle" pun intented)! Thanks Panda for dropping some info. I am also highly encouraged by the Panda's comment that we are going to be pretty happy when it drops...

anon(157335)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
From the looks of the forums, blackmanx is very reputable and gives solid information. Im just wondering if things have changes since his tweet because. I just called 3 local best buys in the area and each one told me they received updates around 1pm central time today and they all told me the same date of March 28th before they receive the phones. ??? Someone help me out here. I know VZW and HTC were shooting for a 2011 Q1 launch but if the phones dont get into stores until March 28th, thats cutting it close. ??? Black_man_x. please chime in man! Help us out

It's entirely possible that BB corporate finally told all of their stores to start saying March 28 to avoid further backlash. Each time an employee starts telling customers a date that can't be met BB looks worse.

Anything's possible, but I'm still banking on March 10.

Kazer

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It's entirely possible that BB corporate finally told all of their stores to start saying March 28 to avoid further backlash. Each time an employee starts telling customers a date that can't be met BB looks worse.

Anything's possible, but I'm still banking on March 10.

Yeah I'd assume this. I'm expecting it by March 10th at the latest as well.

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I swear to you the Verizon thunderbolt strikes soon page keep getting darker as in the a storm is coming sooner. The clouds are for sure darker today than before for me but maybe I am crazy and desperate.

ixse

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I swear to you the Verizon thunderbolt strikes soon page keep getting darker as in the a storm is coming sooner. The clouds are for sure darker today than before for me but maybe I am crazy and desperate.

:confused: ... ok you need to step outside for a bit.. go run couple miles and take a nice warm shower.
trust me.. you need it.

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes potatolover...you are not crazy...look at my avatar...it is an actual picture of me...since I have been waiting for the bolt...

Good advice about jogging...is there an app for that?

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I happened to check twitter right after he posted this, and my reply was "@black_man_x #runstocheckandroidcentral" where there were 3 pages already. I put my phone away for a while to hang out with the wife and kid, then I get to work and now here we are. Instead of catching up on emails, I've been reading this thread. Thanks to everybody involved in giving me a distraction from my productivity :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777