FroYo Over The Air Update. Who Has It So Far? Check In Please

citiz

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Nothing here in North Central Florida. Has anyone in Florida receive the update so far?

Nothing yet. But I'm worried because I think I'm rooted and I have clockworkmod recovery. Sprint Rep told me yesterday that I would still get the update....who knows

Oh yeah I'm in Orlando

Reactions: paulh13

swanny1981

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Chicago area, had the upgrade message on my phone this morning when I woke up. Completed the update, everything working excellent. Haven't really dove in too deep yet though with the new features. If you have any questions, I can try to answer them.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Chicago area, had the upgrade message on my phone this morning when I woke up. Completed the update, everything working excellent. Haven't really dove in too deep yet though with the new features. If you have any questions, I can try to answer them.

Wow im in Chicago too, No update for me yet.

jpfoxey

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
So checking the "Update Android" is a waste of time?, an upgrade message will just appear?, when you are chosen by the Sprint gods?

Last edited:

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
So checking the "Update Android" is a waste of time?, an upgrade message will just appear?, when you are chosen by the Sprint gods?

Yea, So far thats what I have been told. It will just be there all of a sudden with a special download screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: jpfoxey

jeff2421

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I woke up to the Froyo update screen on my phone. I am in Atlanta and got my phone mid-December.

My wife's phone which was in the same room overnight and I purchased on the same day, has not received the update message yet.

Seems to reinforce that location and purchase date are not a factor in determining the order of the rollout.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
nothing here in MI, still

it is determined by phone sn

Correct... That is what I was told by my sprint rep... Half the time you can't believe them but it seems he was right. My daughters epic was updated this morning but mine has not. They were bought at the same time here in killeen tx. Her serial number is quite a bit lower than mine.
Sent from my Epic using Tapatalk

mcp6530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
when mine updated ota this morning, it acted horrible for an hour after the updated as it seemed to reinstall all of my apps and such, but now it's working fine. don't really know what the difference is though, some minor cosmetic changes, but nothing big.

tektoys

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
woke up at 5:30am (virginia) with update ready to install, so far so good, although one thing i noticed is that now my notification LED flashes blue instead of red

Special_K#AC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't have Sprint ID, does it? I also heard some some people were having trouble with the camera. Any hint of that from people who got the update. Being a pessimist (go Vikings...sigh), I assume any update will need a subsequent fix.

Typically, my wife's phone gets updates before mine. Save me a headache, what should one do or not do when updating their phone to Froyo? I've heard that all your contacts should be backed up to your Google account and that you need to reinstall your apps from the Market. I also heard you should do a Factory Data Reset, but that sounds extreme. Any body with experience with the new update or moving to Froyo on another phone with any tips?

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I got the notice but refused it and did the update.zip I do not trust over the air updates since i had a crash because of a bad data conn. 2 years ago with the hero :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte