FYI: TMobile/Google Purchase/Insurance

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I just spoke with Asurion, the company which Tmobile (my provider the last 3 years) gets it's cell phone insurance from, I don't have an existing insurance policy on my current phone, I didn't buy my Nexus 4 through any authorized Tmobile seller (bought it unlocked thru Google), They will not insure me, but they would have wanted $7.99 per month and have a $130 deductable!

Worth Ave Group | Cell Phone Insurance
Worth Ave. Group, for $399 coverage, $50 deductable, $50 per year.

I copied this which doesn't coincide with the above, still trying to contact them on the specifics on a Nexus4.

"Losses covered; Worth Ave. Group cell phone Insurance policies provide replacement cost coverage for a full calendar year, paid with an annual premium.
Each policy covers the cell phone for Accidental Damage such as drops and spills as well as Theft, Fire, Flood, Natural Disasters and Lightning Strikes. With a low $0 deductible and premiums starting as little as under $4 a month, this policy accommodates every budget. We cover NEW, USED and REFURBISHED devices."

From their Quick Quote; Policy 1 Edit

Cell Phone Insurance
1 Year Coverage
Coverage Amount: $399.00
Deductible Amount: $50.00
Price: $45.00

Processing Fee: $5.00
Total: $50.00

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Often, the problem with cell phone insurance is that it is hardly ever worth it. Why would you pay $100 to replace a $300 phone ($50 premium +$50 deductible) especially when they will probably replace with an used unit anyway? You won't lose most of your phones, and if you do, by the time that might happen, you will be able to find a used replacement unit on eBay?

BTW, read the policy carefully. Often times their fine prints will not only let them replace your phone with a used unit, but also with a totally different phone that they consider to have the same functionality as your insured unit.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter