G4 has the best photo quality out of all 2015 phones?

crunchor

Banned
May 18, 2014
Visit site
Plants? That can't be farther from the truth. Either you like it or don't but it is leather.

LG NitroHD G2 G3 G4

http://m.androidcentral.com/lg-g4-leather

It is recyclable vegetable-tanned "leather". I never heard real leather can be recycled and recreate it. It is stuff from vegetable, I call it plastic, you can call it "leather" if you like but it is definitely not real classical leather made with animal skin.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
http://m.androidcentral.com/lg-g4-leather

It is recyclable vegetable-tanned "leather". I never heard real leather can be recycled and recreate it. It is stuff from vegetable, I call it plastic, you can call it "leather" if you like but it is definitely not real classical leather made with animal skin.

Yes, it is real animal skin leather. Vegetable tanned refers to the tanning process which uses water and plants to tan the skin as opposed to harsh chemicals which can be toxic to the environment. Therefore, since it's animal skin and tanned without the use of toxic chemicals, it would be safe to recycle.

The article you linked even refers to it being real leather.

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
This is a photo of my collection that I posted on Google plus last week showing what you can do with the "plastic" backs using high quality genuine leather dye. https://plus.google.com/107176043968823866275/posts/Cdwgsp7BBbJ.
d538e8281f256de16e73c0c983b709ec.jpg

crunchor

Banned
May 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it is real animal skin leather. Vegetable tanned refers to the tanning process which uses water and plants to tan the skin as opposed to harsh chemicals which can be toxic to the environment. Therefore, since it's animal skin and tanned without the use of toxic chemicals, it would be safe to recycle.

The article you linked even refers to it being real leather.

Ok I just google more and it is cow skin with plant layer process. Well honestly it is so easily scratched just like soft plastic.

Any case to protect the leather cover well? I heard most of the cases only works with the plastic diamond pattern style looking cover but not the leather. Good to show the leather side while still protect the whole phone.

crunchor

Banned
May 18, 2014
Visit site

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok I just google more and it is cow skin with plant layer process. Well honestly it is so easily scratched just like soft plastic.

Any case to protect the leather cover well? I heard most of the cases only works with the plastic diamond pattern style looking cover but not the leather. Good to show the leather side while still protect the whole phone.

There are some cases that work just fine with the leather back. I'm pretty sure there is a case thread stickied at the top of the forum.

But I don't use a case. I didn't get leather just to cover it up. I use a $5 bumper that just covers the sides of the phone. The leather back is still exposed. Had the phone for 5 months and the back looks just about the same as when I bought the phone.

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Dude u really like this phone. You dont use case at all? The leather is so soft and easily scratched. Very hard to clean too.

Yes. I have an s6 also but can't do anything with it except throw a case on it.
No case. If you are going to use a case why not just put one of the plastic backs on it. Leather is all about the look and feel of it.
Just like any leather you can use a leather cleaner or rubbing alcohol if there is no acrylic coating on it.
All leather will scratch if you try to. Some people like the "worn down" look of leather. Rather have scratched leather than cracked glass. Leather backs can be had for about $25 on eBay now.

LG NitroHD G2 G3 G4

salscott

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
There are some cases that work just fine with the leather back. I'm pretty sure there is a case thread stickied at the top of the forum.

But I don't use a case. I didn't get leather just to cover it up. I use a $5 bumper that just covers the sides of the phone. The leather back is still exposed. Had the phone for 5 months and the back looks just about the same as when I bought the phone.
Same setup here, love it.....but this is a bad week to agree with burnt orange

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter