Galaxy A50 not compatible with Disney+?

Grifter73

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
So, I tried downloading the Disney+ app this morning, and I'm getting a message that my phone is not compatible. Is anyone else experiencing this? I find it hard to believe that I can play other streaming services just fine, but not Disney+. Screenshot_20191112-063749_Google%20Play%20Store.jpeg

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm at work, but have an A50 at home I can try later (unless my wife tries). We are getting a year free through Verizon, and have that phone for the kids already.

In the mean time, did you get to that Play store listing from a direct link? Usually when you search for an app and the phone isn't compatible, you simply don't get any results. It's also possible there's multiple versions of that app to help increase device coverage, and you're somehow viewing the wrong version. So if you haven't already, do a general search in Play for "Disney+" and see if it gives you any listings.

Something else to clarify is are you're in the U.S or other country that the app is supposed to serve? Apps can be region locked to restrict access only to certain countries. Also make sure you're not using a proxy server or VPN that could be tricking Play into thinking you're in another country.

Grifter73

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I did get it from a direct link, because it wasn't showing up when I searched Disney+.

And we got the free year through Verizon, too. I am having trouble watching on my computer as well. I can get to the splash screen for all the movies and shows, bit there's no link to actually play anything. Maybe Disney is just having launch issues.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Maybe Disney is just having launch issues.

This I do know, as a lot of people are complaining about it now. I'm sure the connection issues are short term as traffic evens out. I'm not sure if they would've pulled it from the Play store listings for something like this, though. I installed and tested it early this morning before the connection problems hit, but I'll ask the other ambassadors to try searching for it to see if it's just you or the Play store.

Also, as a side note, this was advertised like it has most anything Disney. The very first movie I searched for that I know Disney owns came up not found. Go figure. Lol.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I talked to one that searched on a Note 10+, 1+7 Pro, and Pixel 3a, and he found the app on all of them. Have you tried clearing the Play store app cache/data?

I know you're on Verizon, so had you tried searching via Wi-Fi and mobile data?

Are you using anything like a VPN, or rooted?

horsecharles

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
I talked to one that searched on a Note 10+, 1+7 Pro, and Pixel 3a, and he found the app on all of them. Have you tried clearing the Play store app cache/data?

I know you're on Verizon, so had you tried searching via Wi-Fi and mobile data?

Are you using anything like a VPN, or rooted?

Just to piggyback on Mooncatt, DNS changers as well can interfere, I sometimes have to disable. And browsers like Opera, FF, Brave, etc. are using their own vpn and/or dns.
You can also get the app from apkmirror or apkmonk, I've used them for eons without a problem.

Last edited:

Grifter73

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Just to update, I tried everything that was suggested and nothing worked. Finally, later in the evening, I tried it again, and it was available. I had been reading that Disney+ was having issues, and I was also having trouble accessing the service on my laptop, so I guess it was just launch day glitches.