Galaxy A71: general speakers & call audio (outgoing & incoming) disabled until phone is rebooted.

ally

Nov 19, 2023
Visit site
Basically, all sound features stop functioning. They reappear after a phone reboot.

If someone calls me and I haven't recently rebooted my phone, the line picks up and starts counting seconds, but neither of us can hear one another.

I've tried to go into advanced settings and ensure it's not a settings issue, but haven't been able to diagnose it.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
My wife is still using my old A71 and she hasn't encountered this issue. Is factory reset an option for you? She did have an issue with do not disturb that was solved by doing this.
My pixel6 is sitting here waiting for her till she decides to take the plunge.

ally

Nov 19, 2023
Visit site
Thanks, BDiddy & rvbfan.

1. no call blocking apps; am using a Softphone VOIP app called Acrobits.

2. Does Safe Mode have diagnostic value? Because it always fixes itself after a reboot so I'm not sure I'd learn anything.

3. Factory reset is definitely an option. I really only care that my photos are backed up somewhere on Google. Haven't looked into photo backup yet.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It certainly could have something to do with Acrobits.

Safe Mode might be helpful -- for example, if the problem occurs fairly quickly (like within a few hours of a reboot), and if it doesn't occur after you used the phone in Safe Mode for much longer than that. then you can at least conclude that the problem is due to something you installed. But then it can be a challenge to narrow things down further -- that can be tedious, involving uninstalling apps one by one until the problem goes away.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, BDiddy & rvbfan.

1. no call blocking apps; am using a Softphone VOIP app called Acrobits.

2. Does Safe Mode have diagnostic value? Because it always fixes itself after a reboot so I'm not sure I'd learn anything.

3. Factory reset is definitely an option. I really only care that my photos are backed up somewhere on Google. Haven't looked into photo backup yet.
Welcome to AC!
Sounds like that app your using for calls might be the issue , have you tried reaching out to acrobits? They don't have a great rating on the playstore

Reactions: B. Diddy

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29