Galaxy Note 2 Battery Life Review (After 2 Weeks)

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
It seems like I get almost 1% every minute on the stock charger. Perhaps it not quite that fast since it takes 150 minutes for a full charge as some people say.

That said, the battery life is phenomenal. I'm used to bump charging, and even though I'm not as religious as I used to be with my S2, I've never gone below 25%. I've never heard the low battery chirp on this phone in the two weeks I've had it. I used to immediately plug my S2 into the charger as soon as I got home. Now I just keep using it even if I'm at 50%. It just lasts forever in comparison.

ewik

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I just have my Note 2 4 days ago and I notice that with just plain browsing on the phone like checking the Apps, Messages, Settings I would lose like 1% of my battery in just 10-15 minutes of usage.
This is my first time to own an Android device. Is this normal on Note 2 battery?

By the way, I had just restored the my Note 2 to factory settings because I was thinking that maybe there are some services running on the background but I notice that I still get the same result and still losing 1% of battery in just 10-15 minutes of usage.

Current settings:
Screen Brightness: Set in the middle but not set to "Auto".
Mobile Data: Off
LTE: None
Power Savings: On
WIFI: Off

I just wanted to know if this is normal with draining of battery on Note 2 or not because if it is I'll ask the store to replace the battery.
I hope someone can give me info on this.

Thanks. :)

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It's normal and ok. One percent at ten minutes use would average out to 1000 minutes at 100 percent so although you wouldn't be able to use it that long on a charge, it's totally normal.

The Nottinator

Last edited:

ewik

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
It makes me feel a little bit happy now but still kinda disappointed because I'm used in using the low-end phones at the battery life is just simplay amazing.
I think this is just how this high end phones works. I'm happy that we all share this same frustrations.

Just another quick question:
I also noticed that if I'm on wifi with the normal usage of browsing or making it idle for few minutes and then go back and check facebook or read some news that the max life batt is more or less 4 hours.
This is also normal right?

I'm sorry guys but it's just this is my first time to own this kind of own though I'm not happy with how the battery works and how this have limit my usage or take advantage of the great feature it have but nonetheless, I feel great and shocked to all the amazing features it has. This is an awesome phone! :)

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
4 hours? That is unspeakably bad. First off, are you doing a quality charge? Charge with the power adapter that came with the phone. Don't use blackberry, iPhone, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, aftermarket chargers. Not saying they don't work, but let's rule that out of the equation. And charge over the AC.

Second, you should put a Application Monitor widget on your homescreen. That should rule out any glaring obvious app that is sucking the life out of the phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0ErvyIXExc

If that doesn't work, I would try installing OS Monitor. See if there are any background processes that is killing battery life.

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I watched this video and it had the CC on. I noticed this at the 10 second mark.

3100 million dollar battery. Must be a pretty good one.

haha, sorry. I'm not sure if that video is auto captioned. On the officially captioned ones, my gf is doing the captions for me. She is not familiar with the tech terms, and also, English is her hobby, not a primary language. She is helping out lots though and the translations are improving. I'll work on improving them as well once I get some more time on my hands.

Paul Sd

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
It makes me feel a little bit happy now but still kinda disappointed because I'm used in using the low-end phones at the battery life is just simplay amazing.
I think this is just how this high end phones works. I'm happy that we all share this same frustrations.

Just another quick question:
I also noticed that if I'm on wifi with the normal usage of browsing or making it idle for few minutes and then go back and check facebook or read some news that the max life batt is more or less 4 hours.
This is also normal right?

I'm sorry guys but it's just this is my first time to own this kind of own though I'm not happy with how the battery works and how this have limit my usage or take advantage of the great feature it have but nonetheless, I feel great and shocked to all the amazing features it has. This is an awesome phone! :)

Click on the below link/post
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...your-battery-life-note-2-a-2.html#post2544146

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbloom