Galaxy S 21's color choices

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed the color choices isn't consistent across each model? And if you want 256 or 512gb of storage there's even less color choices if any at all. And that it showed on Samsung's website that it will be till later in April before it gets delivered. It's March 2 now. that's a long wait just to have another color. Since they build on order. I'm kind of disappointed by all of this. as well as the lack of Heart rate sensor and SD card slot.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I recently ordered the 256 ultra and had 3 or 4 color options at the time I ordered. I chose black because it was the only one besides brown that didn't say it would be made to order. After placing the order it said that it wouldn't ship for a week but on the ship date I got a message saying that it would be delayed. I started thinking about it and was like, if it's going to be delayed anyway I might as well get the color I want, silver. When I went back to the site all of the other colors were greyed out except black. I wonder now if I had gotten the silver then if it would be arriving at the same time I'm now expecting the black one to arrive?

As to color options it feels like there should be more the more you spend and not less but this seems to be Samsung's M.O. When I got the S10 it was pretty much the same thing. The more I added to the device the fewer color options I seemed to have. The base model had 5 or 6 color options while the Plus only had 4 and they were all the pearl colors but the base models had pearl and two other colors that were something else...? Anyway the Ultra model only had 3 colors I believe but the ultra also came with a ceramic back so maybe they could do as much with that material. The one thing I remember about that device at the time was I saw lots of posts here about the wait for the Pink device. That really must have been way more popular than they expected. There's a thread here where a member pre-ordered in January or February and was still waiting in June. I was in shock.

I am a little bummed by the lack of SD. I don't really use headphones so that's neither here or there for me and the HRM is a wash as well because I've never had want or cause to use one. The thing that was almost a deal breaker for me was the MCR function that they dropped. Magnetic Card Reader, that allowed your Samsung to pay virtually anywhere a card could be swiped. I get that tech is catching up and more and more places have NFC readers but not every place. The thing I'm going to be most concerned about is going to be the size. It's a monster device. That's great for watching videos on your phone and maybe even taking pics and vids but carrying it around I feel like is going to be more of an issue and I'm not even talking about getting the case with the S-Pen slot.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if that was me and the pink S10 plus I had to wait forever. My husband went through Samsung and hit the white and their was something about 2 trade ins not being able to happen so I went to Best Buy plus I was reading horror stories about trade ins on slick deals. but I know I waited a couple months or longer for my S10 Plus in flamingo pink.

My first choice was silver on the ultra and then we found out it only came in black and now I'm just fine with it cuz I've got a cute case covering it anyways.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It may have been you I do remember a lot of talk about Best Buy in that thread. Lots of taunting reports of folks finding pink ones at their local BBs. I thought those were just cruel. Are you the one who finally got a tracking number only to have it arrive as you were preparing to leave on a trip or slated for the day you were returning or something like that?

I've heard some pretty bad stories about the trade-ins with Samsung too. Until recently we weren't a trade-in family. I got something new, my oldest got mine and the youngest got his. That changed when we unexpectedly needed a new device shortly after doing the hand me downs. I was nervous but it went smoothly for us that time. I'm hoping it goes smoothly this time too. I'm trading in my S20+, which I'm not currently happy with but hated on day one, for the Ultra. My youngest did but didn't really need a new phone but they were offering a good deal at half price plus an extra $100 off of the A71 5G. My oldest is happy with the S10+ and this would put us all on Samsung devices.

I didn't really want the black but I hate to wait once I decide something, character flaw I know, and seeing the made to order thing really gave me pause. Honestly I would have gone crazy if I had been in your boat waiting months for something I pre-ordered and was being delivered to others all around me. I'm slightly going through this now with the PS5. I totally don't understand how months later there still isn't any option other than scalpers to get one. While impatient I am also cheap, frugal let's say. Which is part of the reason I'm not upset about the S21 deal I got. They're giving more in credit than I paid for the device, plus the deal on the other device just felt like a win win. Sorry for getting distracted, where I was going was, I like the crystal cases. So some other color would have been kinda nice. I've been looking at like D-Brand skins but holy crap $24 bucks seems excessive. Did I mention I'm cheap? It's supposed to be here today for you all but tomorrow for me. It's not today until I've been to bed and wake up. I'll try how it comes, in a crystal case for awhile then breakdown and get a skin. Probably.

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I had chosen the purple S21 until I changed the storage to 256. Could only get gray of I increased the storage. Was a little disappointed but honestly, I put a case on it regardless so it wasn't a deal breaker.

Zorrak

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I had chosen the purple S21 until I changed the storage to 256. Could only get gray of I increased the storage. Was a little disappointed but honestly, I put a case on it regardless so it wasn't a deal breaker.

Got the Gray it is the best color, posted some terrible pictures in another thread somewhere

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
It may have been you I do remember a lot of talk about Best Buy in that thread. Lots of taunting reports of folks finding pink ones at their local BBs. I thought those were just cruel. Are you the one who finally got a tracking number only to have it arrive as you were preparing to leave on a trip or slated for the day you were returning or something like that?

I've heard some pretty bad stories about the trade-ins with Samsung too. Until recently we weren't a trade-in family. I got something new, my oldest got mine and the youngest got his. That changed when we unexpectedly needed a new device shortly after doing the hand me downs. I was nervous but it went smoothly for us that time. I'm hoping it goes smoothly this time too. I'm trading in my S20+, which I'm not currently happy with but hated on day one, for the Ultra. My youngest did but didn't really need a new phone but they were offering a good deal at half price plus an extra $100 off of the A71 5G. My oldest is happy with the S10+ and this would put us all on Samsung devices.

I didn't really want the black but I hate to wait once I decide something, character flaw I know, and seeing the made to order thing really gave me pause. Honestly I would have gone crazy if I had been in your boat waiting months for something I pre-ordered and was being delivered to others all around me. I'm slightly going through this now with the PS5. I totally don't understand how months later there still isn't any option other than scalpers to get one. While impatient I am also cheap, frugal let's say. Which is part of the reason I'm not upset about the S21 deal I got. They're giving more in credit than I paid for the device, plus the deal on the other device just felt like a win win. Sorry for getting distracted, where I was going was, I like the crystal cases. So some other color would have been kinda nice. I've been looking at like D-Brand skins but holy crap $24 bucks seems excessive. Did I mention I'm cheap? It's supposed to be here today for you all but tomorrow for me. It's not today until I've been to bed and wake up. I'll try how it comes, in a crystal case for awhile then breakdown and get a skin. Probably.

Yes it was me we were going out of town and I wanted it before we left hubby had his. I searched different Best Buys in Chicago and on our drive home and was going to take white even blue but no black and no one had those neither. It was a crazy mess! And then of course both of our phones had signal problems even after leaving Sprint and going to Verizon. And once hubby got new motherboard his was perfect and I never turned mine in cause it wasn't as bad but it was bad enough and I should have. I just went into airplane mode and back out so many times LOL!

My husband just got 2 more of his cases he ordered one was a black silicone like my purple one I got for free for some reason he didn't like the leather one and it scratched up easy. And then he got a nice clear one with a kickstand but the phone has that sticker on the back which I guess he'll take off. I don't think it came in any other colors. But it is nice and looks like it protects well and kickstand works both ways.

Roadijeff

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
Has anyone noticed the color choices isn't consistent across each model? And if you want 256 or 512gb of storage there's even less color choices if any at all. And that it showed on Samsung's website that it will be till later in April before it gets delivered. It's March 2 now. that's a long wait just to have another color. Since they build on order. I'm kind of disappointed by all of this. as well as the lack of Heart rate sensor and SD card slot.

Hmm...I looked just now and if you choose the 256GB Galaxy Ultra you can get it in black, titanium, navy or brown. I ordered one in navy back in January and just received it a few days ago. I originally thought I needed a 512GB but then I looked at the storage on my old Galaxy S10, which had 512GB plus a 128GB memory card. I had lots of pics on it and I was using less than 100GB. Thus, I went with the 256GB on the S21 Ultra.