Galaxy S3-I9300 stuck in roaming mode

samsungfan47

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. It's so frustrating! I even thought my phone was defective so I had it exchanged for a new one. The new phone worked fine until I did this update. Now I'm once again in constant roaming. I've tried all of the fixes, called Samsung, called TMobile, NO FIX! Samsung even told me to call Hong Kong. Really? I just sent an email to Samsung UK so we'll see what happens. I hope we can find a fix to this... and SOON!

Superherm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Having the same problem. Bought my phone overseas (never used it there). Came back and inserted my t-mobile chip and it worked fine for 2 weeks until I updated the phone software today. I think it might have been the first update I do. Now I get roaming. I spoke to Tmobile and the conclusion was that my phone was intended for another network so it is recognizing that it is not on this original network. However, even though it says roaming the phone will operate as normal with no extra charges. Only thing is that I have to make sure my data is set to roam or else I have no internet.

Posting all this hoping that there will be an answer soon. Thanks.

happydoll1705

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
it works for me! there is already a "t-mobile us" when i select APN, but there were a few lines like proxy, port that were not set, i followed the link and added them in. and it worked, no more roaming , yay! thanks, J84P!!

Coronakid24

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my Galaxy S 3. It has been on roaming for two days and has an annoying 'ding' notification that goes off every two minutes. I have Sprint as my carrier and they don't have any answers for me.

bradsharp27

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Just to add my 2cents to the thread. I got the International G3 to use with Solavei. They are on the t-mobile network. I to am roaming. I did an online chat with Samsung, they told me to talk to Samsung UK. I emailed Samsung UK, they told me to talk to Solavei. I talked to Solavei, they told me to talk to Samsung.

Anyway, I think I need to talk to Samsung, but as far as who? don't know. The US department doesn't know anything about the international phone and the UK department doesn't understand anything about our networks over here.

Anyway, just wanted to say something. Also I have data working. everything works actually.. Just the annoying Roaming Icon. I hope it goes away with the Jellybean update.

Brad
B-Sharp Photography

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
wish i could help bro sorry.
try PMing the dude...

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

andy404

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I have got a similar issues with my two SAMSUNG devices - Galaxy Pro Phone and Galaxt TAblet 2.
1. Have factory rested my tablet - No help
2. cleared data and cache of all applications where I may have logged in while roaming - No help.
3. Called and troubleshooted with network provider (lycamobile UK) - No help.
4. went to Lycamobile services (sim services) in menu - set to mode manual - set to UK - No help.
5. Have reinstated almost all applications where data may be stored. - No help.
6. Went online from my laptop, login into face book and in settings removed my number - No help.

tried other good and weird thinsg but nothing seems to be helping. SAMSUNG sucks. Put my sim into Nokia smart phone and the icon never appeared.

how can I make my samsung devices work? not sure if I check the data service on roaming would incur me xtra charges?

Someone HELP please!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1352292424088.jpg

this is one of my stupid guesses but has anyone tried playing with the bottom setting ^

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

kalimsky

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I've setup ths APN as You wrote above and still have this Roaming problem :(
Im a user of tmobile in US and S3 bought in Europe.
I was trying to erase proxy as You wrote in previous post and nothing.
screen shoot of my settings below, any idea whats wrong. Thank You guys for spending Your time and helping us :)

View attachment 45720

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnetteConnor