Galaxy S6 : Camera Shots! Show us your pictures

joe.kent

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Great photos. Did you use the stock camera app. Also where do you live because I want to move there. That looks so peaceful.

If you were referring to mine, yes that is the stock camera app on Auto. That was one of the lakes in Oklahoma, and it was a great 5 days..

Darrkman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Nice colors.
40b46eade815d75bfaebd622930dc22d.jpg

ea7770

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Macro Setting???

I just got my S6 a few weeks ago and haven't had much time for playing with the camera. I breed reptiles and many of the gecko species that I work with are small and require pretty extreme close up shots for the best pics with the best detail. Some of the phones I've had in the past have had "Macro" settings which worked pretty well. I haven't found one on the S6 yet, but like I said, I haven't had much time to play with it.
I have included a pic of two of my Cat geckos (A. felinus) taken with the S6 right out of the box and it did a pretty good job.
Anyway, if it does have a macro type setting, how well does it work, and how do I access it?
Thanks!
PS: the speckles on the geckos is mist from the misting system just having gone off

Attachments

• felinus-12-13-15d2.jpg
    felinus-12-13-15d2.jpg
    990.6 KB · Views: 27

ea7770

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Macro Setting???

I just got my S6 a few weeks ago and haven't had much time for playing with the camera. I breed reptiles and many of the gecko species that I work with are small and require pretty extreme close up shots for the best pics with the best detail. Some of the phones I've had in the past have had "Macro" settings which worked pretty well. I haven't found one on the S6 yet, but like I said, I haven't had much time to play with it.
I have included a pic of two of my Cat geckos (A. felinus) taken with the S6 right out of the box and it did a pretty good job.
Anyway, if it does have a macro type setting, how well does it work, and how do I access it?
Thanks!
PS: the speckles on the geckos is mist from the misting system just having gone off

I found my own answer (a little Google goes a long way!). There IS a macro mode specifically for doing close ups.
For those of you interested in the answer, fire up the camera, click on "mode", click on "Pro", then click on the little pic of mountains and a flower.
Set it on the flower and it will then be in macro mode for doing the best close ups. Very simple. When you're done taking your close ups, you'll want to set it back to "auto" for best general results.

PauloP

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
DSC_0157.jpg

Edited, cropped and resized from the Digital Negative in Lightroom 5.7.

RAW was taken with the Camera FV-5 app.

Currently there are no safe bets for RAW capturing. Every app on the store has its caveats.

FV-5 doesn't have a ISO priority mode and ProShot can't always enforce a selected ISO value in low light conditions.

Awaiting for the built-in RAW support coming with Android 6.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnsd84