Galaxy S7 Edge shut down and doesn't turn on

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Earlier in the moring I was using my phone as usual. Later on I had some free time so I checked facebook and then my phone just froze. After a few moments it rebooted itself and I thought it was just some crash or something. I opened facebook again and my phone shut down. It does not respond to anything.

Tried all the button combinations, charging the phone but when I connect the charger, it doesn't respond to it. It's like dead. Went to the phone service office or something like that (where I got the phone) and they told me that I have to fix my screen since it's a little bit cracked before I can give it to technician. The cost for that is about 300 euros and it's not guaranteed that the phone itself will be fixed. I'm better off buying a new phone, but I don't have that much money. Even for the screen fix.

So is there any way to fix it myself or maybe reinstalling something somehow would help. I just don't want to believe that something inside the phone burned out.

P.S. I'm sure that it didn't happen because of facebook.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The fact that you were on Facebook was probably just coincidence. It might be a failed battery or motherboard -- it's hard to tell unless a technician opens it up.

Try plugging it into a wall outlet and let it sit undisturbed overnight. Then press and hold Power and Vol Down for about 30 seconds. If nothing happens, wait a few seconds, then press and hold Power for another 30 seconds. If nothing happens, then I'm afraid you'd have to bring it to a repair shop or get a new phone.