Galaxy Tab A Not Charging - Wet

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

For some context, I have to walk to and from work, as I have no car. The drive would be roughly 3-5 minutes, but walking takes anywhere from 15-30 minutes. I bring my tablet to work so I will have something to do during my break and because there is no clock in the break room. I also listen to music during my walks there and back, but other than that I do not use it much during the work day.

Last night, as I was walking home, it was pouring. Like, my walk home was on the shorter side, roughly 15 minutes, and even then I was absolutely drenched by the time I got inside. I started to go through my usual getting home routine, which involved plugging my tablet in before going to take my shower. I plug it in, and it gives me the notification to unplug it because there is moisture in the charging port. I've taken this tablet out in rain plenty of times before(I've always assumed that, yeah, maybe it's not waterproof, but it's just a few raindrops on the screen, not like I'm submerging it), and never gotten this notification before. However, no big deal, I didn't use it that much, I can just wait until it dries to charge it.

That night, before I went to bed, the notification was gone, so I went ahead and plugged it in. It didn't want to charge at first, but after unplugging it and plugging it back in, it showed as charging. This morning, however, it was at 37%, and even after barely using it and plugging it in, it's losing battery. Even without using it, it is still slowly losing charge. It shows as charging, but does not seem to be doing so.

What can I do? Can this be fixed with a bag of rice? I'd prefer not to have to take it to get it repaired, as I lack both the money and time to do so. Once again, it was not in any way submerged, merely rained on for a good 15 minutes.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XavierusKasshh