Galaxy tab oem case

lowlifeplayer

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
The oem book cover case is available on Samsung's website. The cost is $49.99 it looks similar to the one for the 10.1, which I loved.

They don't have really good photos. I should be getting my tab today according to amazon so I will order this.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

ju12zo

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't see it.... link? I went looking today. I want something for it soon. I found a rooCase on Amazon but it sayes its not available until 12/20.

ju12zo

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
The Roketfish leather case for the HTC Flyer fits perfect and it doesn't look bad either. And the camera hole in the back lines up for the camera on the 7+. Only need to need to cut a hole in the elastic for the dock cable and on top for the head phones jack.

lowlifeplayer

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Those non oem cases work well but are never as thin as the oem version. I have the 10.1 and the oem case is super thin and looks great. I never did see it for sale at a brick and porter.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

LouCap

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the case from my original Galaxy Tab for the time being. The Plus is a bit thinner, but it works in the GTO sleeve. But, I intend to get the new case once its back in stock.

ju12zo

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I found the rocket fish case on Amazon used for $8. Almost a throw away price if it didn't work, but I tried it out at Best Buy (where it was $50) and it fit perfect.

My problem with any case is the same problem I have with phone cases, the added bulk! But I've almost dropped my tab slipping it in my pocket a few times. The case wont let me pocket the tab now though :(

lowlifeplayer

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I found the rocket fish case on Amazon used for $8. Almost a throw away price if it didn't work, but I tried it out at Best Buy (where it was $50) and it fit perfect.

My problem with any case is the same problem I have with phone cases, the added bulk! But I've almost dropped my tab slipping it in my pocket a few times. The case wont let me pocket the tab now though :(

Link or search phrase? I searched but could not find it. For that price it is a throw away until something better comes along.

Jesslynh

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I found a Tab 7 case at Best Buy-. The cover was missing so I wasn't able to see the vendor, but the case I got is for the previous Tab. It fits almost perfectly. I only had to squeeze a bit to get it in, but now that it is in, it's great AND it only cost $8 since it has been discontinued.

So if you're in the store this weekend, it is worth looking to see what they have on the shelves.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

npath

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, there is very little in the way of accessories for the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus right now. It's only been out for a short while, so it should be a matter of time. If I find any good cases or a screen protector, I will be sure to post them on this forum.

npath

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Both of these cases from Amazon appear to be for the previous version of the 7 inch galaxy tab. I would be surprised if they fit well. I hope they do. Let us know what you find. Thanks.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Both of these cases from Amazon appear to be for the previous version of the 7 inch galaxy tab. I would be surprised if they fit well. I hope they do. Let us know what you find. Thanks.

I have the one from 2 posts up and it fits but since the OG tab was thicker, it's also thicker and doesn't look right. That case rocked for the OG tab

sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I just got my case (Amazon.com: Luxury Convertible Carbon Flip Case For Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus - Carbon Black (Package include a HandHelditems Sketch Stylus Pen): Cell Phones & Accessories) and it is made for the 7.0 Plus.

So here is my assessment for this case:

The case is actually very well made, the cover (most important part) is very stiff and adds a good deal of protection to the tabs screen. The inside is made of a soft material, hard to describe but almost a suede feeling. The outside material has a graphite look to it and feels to be made of some tough vinyl, it's not shiny or smooth, it has a rough texture because of the graphite texture it has.

Now onto the fit. The Tab 7.0 Plus fits in it well well, not great but well. It slides into the case and because the case cover folds back to prop the tab up, the bottom clips have to pop off the tab easily to allow this. Because of this the clips don't really stay clipped to the bottom of the tab (when I say bottom of the tab I mean the opposite end of the volume switch, not the end with the connector). They don't always pop off on there own so it's bearable and also even if they do, the tab is still in the case nice and snug and won't go anywhere.

The top cover covers the tab very well and stays securely closed by means of another clip, not a magnet (see picture on the Amazon page). Once closed the case has a really nice tight feel to it and the tab is well protected.

Onto the back, again, covers the back of the tab very well. The one bad thing though is that the opening for the camera and flash is slightly off. It does not cover the camera lens or the flash in anyway so it won't get in the way of picture taking but it's not exactly centered in the opening.

The power button, volume buttons, connector port and speakers are all accessible and the tab can be plugged in while in this case.

One major problem with this case: the headphone jack is completely covered by one of the retaining clips and is no way accessible unless you slide the tab out of the case.

Some other very small minuses but these do not affect the case at all. The seller includes a "stylus" pen and a screen protector. The screen protector is for the old 7 inch tab. It fits the 7.0 plus BUT it does not have the cutout for the earpiece or the proximity sensors to the left of the ear piece. There is a cut out for the front facing camera and it lines up perfectly once applied. I am using this screen guard until I can get one made specifically for the Plus. the Stylus is like a toothpick with a soft tip, hardly worth even trying since you'll get a cramp trying to use it...it's very thin and very small.

For $14.00, this is a pretty damn good case with only one major flaw, the head phone jack being covered.

EDIT: It looks like someone posted pictures on the Amazon product page with a review of it so you can see what I mean about the camera and flash opening.

UPDATE: I just compared this case to a case made for the old Galaxy Tab 7 and everything matches up to it, this case is NOT for the 7.0 Plus. It seems that the Amazon seller has also pulled it from their stores probably due to all the complaints.

Last edited: