Galaxy watch 3

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I am still rocking my galaxy watch 3 and it working great. Only issue is the battery getting week might look at the new 5 unless the 4 is a better deal. T-Mobile doesn't give much for a trade in.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I really enjoy my GW3.

Fortunately for me, it still has great battery life. I bought mine 8 months after release date so it isn't as old as some. I also don't sleep with it at night as I kept waking up with watch impressions on my face,:-[, so it's powered off at night.

It's too bad T-Mobile doesn't up their trade-in values. :(

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
If battery life is important to you, I wouldn't go for the for.

I've got the watch 4 classic 46mm which is the biggest battery in the line and it's about half as good as my watch 3 classic.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I can get a free galaxy watch 4 in 44 mm from T-Mobile I am thinking of going for that unless the 5 is that much better.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Still got my GW3 as well. Just a few weeks ago I got the Unicorn Beetle Pro case. I can charge mine usually every other night, wear it for sleep tracking, fitness tracking and everything.

MarineDawg

May 7, 2017
Visit site
I still rock the GW3. The battery has diminished some and some features seemed to have stopped working (i.e. Handwash detection) honestly I would have jumped ship to the 4 if I could still use my bands. Same with the 5 but not only the band dilemma but no rotating bezels? I am contemplating a factory reset and seeing if that gets things back to normal but as it stands I will rock it until it dies and might go Garmin next.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
T-Mobile is selling the watch 4 for 149 if you add a new line might be the way to go and cancel this line after I get the 5.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I still rock the GW3. The battery has diminished some and some features seemed to have stopped working (i.e. Handwash detection) honestly I would have jumped ship to the 4 if I could still use my bands. Same with the 5 but not only the band dilemma but no rotating bezels? I am contemplating a factory reset and seeing if that gets things back to normal but as it stands I will rock it until it dies and might go Garmin next.

The lack of a rotating bezel and the move to Wear OS will keep me from supporting any future Samsung wearables. When this one dies, I may very well switch to a no name smartwatch

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I missed the band debacle. That was a disappointing discovery.

Let me guess. The charger for the 5 Pro is different too?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using AC Forums mobile app

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I missed the band debacle. That was a disappointing discovery.

Let me guess. The charger for the 5 Pro is different too?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using AC Forums mobile app

The charger is different, it's twice as fast. But you can still use it to charge a watch 3 or watch 4 and you can still use the charger from a watch 3 or watch 4 to charge the Watch 5.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Agree that watch 3&4 charge well on the new charger but I found it difficult to charge the watch 5 on the old charger. It was very finicky to "mate" the two to maintain enough contact to work.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Agree that watch 3&4 charge well on the new charger but I found it difficult to charge the watch 5 on the old charger. It was very finicky to "mate" the two to maintain enough contact to work.

That's odd, the magnet aligns it perfectly every time on my 5 Pro... Are you using the regular 5?

Although, I've never tried to complete a full charge on the super slow old charger.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Thinking on that, it may be because the old charger is mounted in an aftermarket stand and the magnet doesn't work as well as it would if it was just placed on top of the charging puck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45