GB this Friday - latest rumor

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

You guys are great! Personally, I tend to agree that there is no incentive for Vz/Moto to push the OTA GB before the X2 is released. It would be more likely that the X2 is released with GB and the X gets it *quietly* several weeks later. From a marketing perspective, there's no reason to sabotage a brand new X(2) by updating the senior version ahead of time, or even at the same time, as the X2 release. Just sayin'...

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Heard that it won't be till Monday or later now it hasn't even hit Moto's servers yet, seems like dates keep coming then changing

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
vzw rep slipped up and said it was scheduled to relase and conincide with the release of the DX^2 on the 26. then when i asked what he said again he said nothing lol... but he said pple get upset at vzw with rumors when vzw has not confimed anything. He was reading a list also and he started talking about a relase on 7/15 would that be too early for the bionic?

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I got tired of waiting and finally found a site with an actual link that wasn't down, I think the last three of the build is .588. How in the world do you get the sink icon in the tray to go away?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I got tired of waiting and finally found a site with an actual link that wasn't down, I think the last three of the build is .588. How in the world do you get the sink icon in the tray to go away?

It's Gmail trying to sync (endlessly) as part of the post-install set up. I had to do a Factory Data Reset to get rid of it. That worked.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
He (a Vz rep) was reading a list also and he started talking about a release on 7/15 would that be too early for the bionic?

It might be the iPhone 5 -- there's been a lot of discussion about it being delayed until way later in the year, but the July 15 date was it's original launch date (I think).

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
It's Gmail trying to sync (endlessly) as part of the post-install set up. I had to do a Factory Data Reset to get rid of it. That worked.

I cant get into the stock recovery, if thats what is called, phone off, press power button and home button. When I do, this little android man comes up and an exclamation mark, what am I doing wrong?

This is how you do a factory reset correct?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I cant get into the stock recovery, if thats what is called, phone off, press power button and home button. When I do, this little android man comes up and an exclamation mark, what am I doing wrong?

This is how you do a factory reset correct?

That's one way. Much simpler way ... Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset

Reactions: scottabutler

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Interesting ...

I checked this little bit of info on my stock GB .588 (version 2.3.3) and it says DX5-18. Even that's a future date from this point, yet it was out there more than a month ago (leaked, of course). Wonder if that was GB's original drop date? Probably will never know.

Last edited:

end2war

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
My DX works great on Froyo.

A lot of updates have been buggy, and the NEW DX2 is being released with Froyo, not GB. Obviously Motorola/Verizon are working on bugs in the GB, and it is not 4G that is the only problem. I can wait till they get it right!

Id rather have a good Froyo than a bad GB!!