Gear S3 LTE w/ One Plus

seif10mes

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Need some help navigating this new watch. I purchased the LTE version through ATT...didn't do my homework. Since I have a One Plus handset, don't have NumberSync available.

Sooo...

Are there any options available to use the GS3 as a phone extension (Calls, SMS) without a Bluetooth connection? Obviously prefer to continue using my primary number.

-Read some things about Google Voice/Hangouts...Voice stopped supporting SMS
-Facebook Messenger, doesn't seem to allow replies on the watch

Still running old Tizen version if it makes any difference. Thanks!

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Google Voice works fine with the Gear S3. Once your number is ported to GV, calls can be forwarded to multiple devices. Ditto with messages. When someone calls or texts my number, it goes to my watch, tablet, computer, and cellphone (which I typically no longer carry).

seif10mes

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Google Voice works fine with the Gear S3. Once your number is ported to GV, calls can be forwarded to multiple devices. Ditto with messages. When someone calls or texts my number, it goes to my watch, tablet, computer, and cellphone (which I typically no longer carry).

Thanks for the info. Do the message notifications appear in the native gear S3 app with the ability to quick reply, reply, etc?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Authority_Institute