General questions (switching from Galaxy s4)

ackmondual

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
My digitizer on my Samsung Galaxy s4 is messed up. It's still usable, but generally a much less pleasant experience than before it got messed up. It's going on 2.5 years of usage, so I'm fine with getting a replacement and relegating the gs4 into "backup phone" status. At $305 off contract for a new one, the LG G4 seems to be a suitable replacement considering my budget of <$300

1) hardware defect review on Amazon

1 negative review like this isn't enough of a pattern to be turned off. However, I would still like to get any info you have on this.

2) transfer apps AND save data from a Samsung Galaxy s4 (Android 4.4.4)
I'd like to transfer not only the apps on my current, Samsung Galaxy s4, but also the save data. For example, if I was 50% of the way through a game, I can pick off where I left off on this phone. I heard Titanium Pro was one app, but was wondering if you had any you'd like to suggest

3) quick charging cable?
This is where it charges "exponentially quicker" when coming from low battery level? For example, it takes an hour to go from 10% to 60% battery. Another hour to go from 60% to 90%. And the up to an hour more from there to full.
Without quick charging, the rate of charging would be linear (such as 15% per hour)

3a) does it have this option?
3b) Does this comes with one?
I've heard it doesn't, but again, wanted to hear from somebody whose purchased the phone.

4) home touch buttons.... if the digitizer gets "messed up", I take it these will also be aversely affected?
On my 'messed up' gs4 digitizer, the hard, capacitive back and menu buttons seem to work fine. Tapping on stuff at the bottom of the screen....hit or miss

5) Is there a way to bring back the menu button in the Android home buttons?
The button row (along the bottom) where you see the triangle, circle, and square. Is there a way to add the menu button we had on devices like the Galaxy s2 and Galaxy s4?

Last edited:

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
1) It's only some phones it seems completely random I've been good since getting mine

2) I would use LG backup paired with (LG Backup (Sender) Sender is on the App Store and it's seamless it worked great for me coming from a BB Priv

3) There is no quick charging cable as it matters more about the charging block but the charging block must support Quick charge and you can get a good one for around 30$ to replace the stock G4 block

I have one and will edit with Brand name later

G4 supports Quick charge and no it doesn't come with

4) They should be fine...I've bumped and dropped my phone and they still work great I have a 10$ J&(D) Gel case (Blue) that is lovely and allows for easy battery swap and thin profile

5) there is no menu button the G4 home buttons the buttons possible are; Shade Down, Back, Home, Recent Apps, Quick capture +

You can have up to 5 home buttons in any order of those functions

Coming from a Note 4 and a Priv I don't miss the Back button

Hope this helps

ackmondual

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the responses thus far!

Did you mean the Menu button, not Back?

The Menu button is almost a "comfort feature". However, I'm sure I could make due without it. Especially given everything I'm getting in sacrificing that... (new hardware that ain't half bad, And 5.x, if no 6.x, better camera, more flexibility in home buttons, etc.). I actually had similar concerns going from a Nokia 6133 flip phone to my first "button-less" smartphone (Samsung Galaxy s2). I would miss the tactic feed back of the buttons, and having the "bump" on the '5' to guide me in no-look dialing. I did miss that, but I ended up liking the gs2 far better.

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
1) It's only some phones it seems completely random I've been good since getting mine

2) I would use LG backup paired with (LG Backup (Sender) Sender is on the App Store and it's seamless it worked great for me coming from a BB Priv

3) There is no quick charging cable as it matters more about the charging block but the charging block must support Quick charge and you can get a good one for around 30$ to replace the stock G4 block

I have one and will edit with Brand name later

G4 supports Quick charge and no it doesn't come with

4) They should be fine...I've bumped and dropped my phone and they still work great I have a 10$ J&(D) Gel case (Blue) that is lovely and allows for easy battery swap and thin profile

5) there is no menu button the G4 home buttons the buttons possible are; Shade Down, Back, Home, Recent Apps, Quick capture +

You can have up to 5 home buttons in any order of those functions

Hope this helps
You got a link to this gel case you have? And the block for quick charge? Please.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mars08