Get'cha CM9 goodness heeya!

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
LOL! Guess that is sort of conflicting info isn't it? :-\

I guess it should have said: Official link to JoelZ's unofficial CM9 Alpha ROM! O:)

PS: I fixed it!

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
OK, so I have deSensed my Warm ROM and while it's snappy, it doesn't seem near as snappy as ICS with its stock Kernel. However, I haven't installed the Anthrax Kernel yet, so that may be the missing link here. While lots of performance tweaks come from tweaks in the actual ROM, there are many performance enhancements that come from custom Kernels as well. So, I haven't totally written this effort off yet. I will see it through to its end in my search for ultimate performance!! I really like those numbers you post in your sig... I must have them...

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
glad it worked! I have the rev 013 OC to 1536 max and 486 min. It's pretty fast also. My linpack scores are between 85-95 mflps.

Sent from my PG86100

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's a long process, but you need to start by identifying what hboot you have. Most of the rooting guides will walk you through the process. When did you get your phone? Have you run all the latest updates from Sprint? When you bough your phone is not that important because I just got a replacement phone from Sprint 2 weeks ago and it had hboot 1.4. If you have run all the latest updates, then you are probably on hboot 1.5 and this presents a few problems that make it a little more difficult for flashing ROMs. I am going to assume that you are on hboot 1.5 and point you here as a good place to start...

[GUIDE] HTC Unlock Hboot 1.50 + TWRP Recovery + Root + Flash!! [9.11.11] - xda-developers

I had hboot 1.5 on my first EVO3D and this is the process I followed. It's a lengthy process so be willing to commit to it before starting. Once you have root access and unlock your bootloader custom ROMs will give you the full potential of the phone. It's worth the time investment, especially if you are technically minded and enjoy gadgets!

I'm relatively new to this android thing also. (I got my Evo3D back in July.) I'm considering rooting and flashing for the first time. (Stock ICS is just SO sexy.) But I have a basic question. Does flashing a custom ROM affect your device's compatibility with apps? Specifically I'm wondering if I flash a ROM and then go somewhere like Gameloft, is the site still gonna know what games are compatible with my phone? Thanks

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm relatively new to this android thing also. (I got my Evo3D back in July.) I'm considering rooting and flashing for the first time. (Stock ICS is just SO sexy.) But I have a basic question. Does flashing a custom ROM affect your device's compatibility with apps? Specifically I'm wondering if I flash a ROM and then go somewhere like Gameloft, is the site still gonna know what games are compatible with my phone? Thanks

So, there are lots of ROMs you can flash that load different versions of Android. ICS is the latest version so it should be expected to have bugs. This may include some apps not working. As an example, Netflix does not stream video currently, just audio. However, Netflix works just fine on just about every 2.3 ROM I have installed. With games, it's gonna be hit or miss. But if you backup your current ROM (which is just standard practice when flashing) it's very easy to restore back to different ROM backups. I have at least 4 different ROM backup and it takes maybe 2-3 minutes to restore any of them. If I want to watch netflix when I have ICS loaded, I just restore one of my favorite 2.3 ROMS and netflix away! When I get sick of Sense/Gingerbread, I restore my ICS backup. It's that easy!

Reactions: jean15paul

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
The r14 kernel will be getting released anyday now. And the Linux 3 ICS kernel will be getting released soon as well.

Sent from my PG86100

Are the Kernels you are using in the chad goodman section? As you mentioned before these are password protected. If I register on the site, will that username/password get me access or do I need that from chad?

All the kernels in the virus folder are 3-4 months old. Seems kinda stale to me...

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Are the Kernels you are using in the chad goodman section? As you mentioned before these are password protected. If I register on the site, will that username/password get me access or do I need that from chad?

All the kernels in the virus folder are 3-4 months old. Seems kinda stale to me...

Go to the download section of his thread. He has a password and username to access it. Your personal password will not work. I would give it to you here but idk if I would be breaking some kind of forum rule.

Sent from my PG86100

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Go to the download section of his thread. He has a password and username to access it. Your personal password will not work. I would give it to you here but idk if I would be breaking some kind of forum rule.

Sent from my PG86100

I hope not cuz I just posted it in your other Anthrax thread. He seems to have it out there in the open on the main page and makes it a point to say that he changes it regularly. I hope I don't piss anyone off by posting it here.

So I am looking in the chad.goodman/KERNELS/SHOOTER_CDMA/HTC_BASE/ directory and there are only 2 Kernels there. One is for ICS and the other is for Sense. Which one should I use for my deSensed Warm ROM?

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Click Qualcomm base.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/EVO_3D_Developers/chad.goodman/KERNELS/SHOOTER_CDMA/

Sent from my PG86100

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shirlysmith44