Getting Frustrated with HTC One & Sprint

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
This is pretty close to deal breaker service. Are they the only decent carrier in your area? Having problems is one thing, but it should never be turned around on you to take responsibility for them sucking.

I agree. But Verizon and AT&T at times are no better. I remember when my dad was with AT&T and him battling it out over him dropping calls left and right and them telling him to "stay in a coverage area...have a good day!" I put him on my plan with Sprint the very next day and he is happy.

netcub

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Went to the sprint store today and The girl asked which kind of phone I had... I told her and then she asked if I had tried to take the battery out yet...
Then...
Wait for it....
CSR @ sprint today asked me if I could take the battery out for the first step of troubleshooting...

True Story.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Went to the sprint store today and The girl asked which kind of phone I had... I told her and then she asked if I had tried to take the battery out yet...
Then...
Wait for it....
CSR @ sprint today asked me if I could take the battery out for the first step of troubleshooting...

True Story.

Awesome, just awesome:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Then...
Wait for it....

True Story.

I don't hold this against the reps.. Most have a tool that they are walking you through trouble shooting steps to try and resolve your issues.. There are Alot of different phones out there and they are human.. I just told the rep on the phone a few days ago that my phone doesn't have a removable battery and she said Ok and we moved on with the trouble shooting.. I can handle that Better than wrong information like move apps to Sd card which is just ignorance

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Ah Sprint how I remember those days. Back in the late 90s, if you got your voicemail within 3 days, it was a blessing.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's your opinion.. I love sprint. Service is blazing fast and reliable for me wherever I go..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

As with any network it's always location location location.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Living 35 miles west of New York City all providers have decent service but Sprint certainly is on the bottom, dial up data speeds and frequent service outages keep me with Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile work good here also.

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I did turn on CDMA only and have a much better connection.

It's the network, not the phone what you said describes my Iphone 5 perfectly on Sprint. On LTE the signal bounces until it cuts off then cuts back on, it's not a stable 4g signal, this is why people say Sprint is very spotty, you can literally lose 4g by taking one step.

The phone isn't the problem, it is the network. If you pay the regular $79.99 I'd leave Sprint immediately they're not worth the price.

On the other hand, people have been leaving Sprint alot dropping the prices of the used phones, HTC EVO is about 170 now and the GS3 is about 50 dollars lower than other carriers. IPhone 5 has also dropped on Sprint compared to ATT which still hovers around 450 used. Alot of people are getting wake up calls trying to sell used Sprint phones.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's the network, not the phone what you said describes my Iphone 5 perfectly on Sprint. On LTE the signal bounces until it cuts off then cuts back on, it's not a stable 4g signal, this is why people say Sprint is very spotty, you can literally lose 4g by taking one step.

Are you in a launched LTE market? If not that will happen :).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
yes south florida

Where at? Specifics will provide better results to see if it has been launched in your exact area... The geo area doesn't. Remember also just because you saw LTE doesn't mean you're in a launched market. I see LTE around Jacksonville all the time but it isn't a launched market.. That's just them testing.

netcub

May 16, 2010
Visit site
After about 6 store visits and several phone calls, I called Sprint last night and asked him to reprovision my phone.... he asked me to turn my phone off and he sent something to it... (Reprovision?) It came back on and said something like applying updates and Its worked perfectly ever since... Took it to one of my trouble spots today and was getting speeds of about 18,700 kbps...

Amazing that not one person in a store or at sprint customer service offered to do this until i asked the guy to Reprovision my phone.

Also, with problems like this, just call sprint and have them re-provision your phone It only takes a couple minutes. Sometimes at setup, your phone pings off a tower that might be getting a certain upgrade and is sending out wonky signals. At this point, your phone is set with those wonky signals and doesn't work like it should. Every time I have had this issue, provisioning has fixed my issue.

Been a Sprint customer for 12 years (and no, I don't live anywhere near LTE) and I have had good phone service and have had decent customer service. I'm sure others will disagree but that's been my situation.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
After about 6 store visits and several phone calls, I called Sprint last night and asked him to reprovision my phone.... he asked me to turn my phone off and he sent something to it... (Reprovision?) It came back on and said something like applying updates and Its worked perfectly ever since... Took it to one of my trouble spots today and was getting speeds of about 18,700 kbps...

Amazing that not one person in a store or at sprint customer service offered to do this until i asked the guy to Reprovision my phone.

I am glad they fixed it for you! :).

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree. But Verizon and AT&T at times are no better. I remember when my dad was with AT&T and him battling it out over him dropping calls left and right and them telling him to "stay in a coverage area...have a good day!" I put him on my plan with Sprint the very next day and he is happy.

Times have changed my friend. When i had the original first iPhone on AT&T calls would drop like crazy and Verizon was by far the superior one. I'm back on AT&T now with the HTC ONE and wow I gotta say 0 dropped calls just as good of service as It was on verizon. However I had an iPhone 4s last year prior to getting my HTC ONE X in june of 2012 which was a company phone and was on Sprint and wow horrible horrible data!

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Times have changed my friend. When i had the original first iPhone on AT&T calls would drop like crazy and Verizon was by far the superior one. I'm back on AT&T now with the HTC ONE and wow I gotta say 0 dropped calls just as good of service as It was on verizon. However I had an iPhone 4s last year prior to getting my HTC ONE X in june of 2012 which was a company phone and was on Sprint and wow horrible horrible data!

Well I'm glad AT&T works out for you the best. I live in a area where Sprint suits us fine. We don't have LTE in our area but 3G is pretty good and Sprint has actually treated me/us pretty well.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Where at? Specifics will provide better results to see if it has been launched in your exact area... The geo area doesn't. Remember also just because you saw LTE doesn't mean you're in a launched market. I see LTE around Jacksonville all the time but it isn't a launched market.. That's just them testing.

Pines blvd and university drive or 33025. The days isn't great at all very slow.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

That's awesome! Enjoy your new One!