Gingerbread Leaked Software Issues

What Leaked Software Do You Have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
2.07 Assisted Dialer was on by default chewing up battery (after disable battery use dropped from 26% to 2%).

2.11 Battery seems to run hotter during charging. Most notable after hitting 100%. Rises from low 90s F to nearly 110F.

After the issue of my phone freezing yesterday self-resolving last night (I still think a data issue as it didn't matter which radio or whether 4G or 3G), I flashed 2.11 again this morning.

Battery life has been horrible all day and the battery has been much hotter than usual. I found that Assisted Dialer was enabled again; I've disabled it and wiped battery statistics. I'll see what tomorrow brings as far as battery life and temperature.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Using the 2.11 leak, i turned off assisted dialing and my "dialer" is still using 21% of my battery. I'm getting WAY worse battery life with this gingerbread build than I was getting with MR2 Froyo. Slightly annoying. Luckily I have the extended battery but now I have to charge pretty much everyday instead of every 2-3 days like I was doing before.

Merc25

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Using the 2.11 leak, i turned off assisted dialing and my "dialer" is still using 21% of my battery. I'm getting WAY worse battery life with this gingerbread build than I was getting with MR2 Froyo. Slightly annoying. Luckily I have the extended battery but now I have to charge pretty much everyday instead of every 2-3 days like I was doing before.

Odd...once I turned off assisted dialing and restarted it "dialer" stays around 1-3% max. Still high but overall my phone is getting atleast an hour of extra battery it seems based on when I normally plug it in at work.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, when I click on "Dialer" for more information in the battery use section, it says it only ran for 1 minute and 6 seconds but still used 22% of my battery. The display was on for almost 2 hours and used 44%. Something's definitely not working out here.

azrocketeer

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I am having issues with the sound. It always reverts to the last person that calls ringtone. VERY ANNOYING. and GPS takes 2 to 3 minutes to lock on.

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I am seeing the same thing with the "dialer" . That never used to be on the radar, but now with this 2.11 leak, it is front and center. Just another reason why this can't be what is coming as official.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
No problems with GPS here. These GB leaks fixed the annoying dropping satellites every few seconds problem that showed up in MR2.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
as for the dialer, just disable it, I did and have not had an issue on 2.07..

edit* ...wait, that was the assisted dialing, not dialer,..huh, my dialer has used 10% of battery...

Last edited:

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
as for the dialer, just disable it, I did and have not had an issue on 2.07..

edit* ...wait, that was the assisted dialing, not dialer,..huh, my dialer has used 10% of battery...

We've already said that we disabled that and dialer is still using a lot of battery. Something else in the dialer is using way more battery than it should. Especially since I almost never make phone calls with my phone.

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
After the issue of my phone freezing yesterday self-resolving last night (I still think a data issue as it didn't matter which radio or whether 4G or 3G), I flashed 2.11 again this morning.

Battery life has been horrible all day and the battery has been much hotter than usual. I found that Assisted Dialer was enabled again; I've disabled it and wiped battery statistics. I'll see what tomorrow brings as far as battery life and temperature.

To update - battery life is much better on 2.11 than 2.07. When I use the standard battery I lose about 5% an hour on 2.11 with moderate use. Previously I would lose about 8% an hour.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
To update - battery life is much better on 2.11 than 2.07. When I use the standard battery I lose about 5% an hour on 2.11 with moderate use. Previously I would lose about 8% an hour.

Interesting. I've noticed on stock MR2, I use about 5% an hour with moderate use as well. Hopefully, the final official GB release will improve on that. :)

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Again, thank you all for the feedback. The battery life is a trickier to ensure is "fixed" with the update, however I am noting it nonetheless.

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Battery life for me seems decent. Yesterday @ 12pm, turned off the wifi and bt.

Moderate use (pictures/fb/video record/etc) finally went to orange battery @ 830pm.

Now the ONLY running issue is the occasional drop of data.The 3g/4g just goes away. By going into wireless settings and unchecking/rechecking Mobile Network, it comes back. I think this happened w/ the 2nd 2.10 and now happens on the current 2.11.

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
After more time with 2.11 I'm still happy. Have had so time in extended LTE areas. While data speeds were more like 3G the connection was stable. Even below ground level. Which may explain low data speeds. Battery life is improved. Several times I've made 30 plus hours between charging. Best was 39. Granted thats with HTC 2750 extended battery, but I couldn't do that with MR1 and MR2. About half of time was active. Games, market, docs, navigation, sms, and email. No GPS so far. Notification bar deploys with warning. Most of the time while typing, but not always. Did once while untouched during charging. I was watching a video, so it was annoying. I've had the speakerphone come on while answering calls. Not sure what that's about. SMS bug hasn't appeared yet. Haven't done a reboot sense loading RUU and have sent more than 1k texts in a dozen conversations. I'm not ready to call it fixed without more testing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk