Gingerbread?

sfbates

Jan 24, 2011
www.twitter.com
Wern't we promised a OTA gingerbread in the first week of July (end of quarter)?
Any news on this.
I know the Inc2 got it... what about us....
The new little brother always gets all the goods....

KennethVT

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
You really take what Verizon says as a promise that they're going to keep?

Verizon has taught us not to believe any of their release dates

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
It was rumored to be in the First 2 weeks of July. And there is the leak, so we know something is coming. They are most likely piling on the Bloatware ;)

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I can't resist the shameless plug for CM7 here. Android 2.3.4 with LOTS of extras and NONE of VZW's bloatware.

Ok, I'm getting down off my soapbox now. :D

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
My prediction is sometime in August. Like the first week. We have heard nothing about Gingerbread since the leak. Pretty sure this will be the last official OS update for this great phone. But for me, unless HTC make a Verizon version of the Sensation or something like that, I am sticking with the Droid Incredible. Period.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well since there is a leak out maybe its gunno happen .
But on the other hand ya never know ,,the 8330 BB curve never got its promised OS 5.0 but there was a leak for it.
Regardless there's always CM7
Also as a side note I still dont see any phones yet coming out that cause me to retire my incredible yet :cool:

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind, after the GB update you most likely wont be able to root as the exploits will be patched.

It has happened to a lot of HTC phones, take a look at the evo. Still no root even 2 months after the gb update.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind, after the GB update you most likely wont be able to root as the exploits will be patched.

It has happened to a lot of HTC phones, take a look at the evo. Still no root even 2 months after the gb update.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

That is true, but if the official release is out, then the source code would be release allowing better rooms to be made for it plus kernels right? Or am I mistaken?

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep this will lead to better roms

Good, because my Dinc has been far from stock for so long now, I could never go back to bloat. I believe any rom with root would be better than official Gingerbread without root access. It was very cool to be one of the first owners of the Dinc in May 2010, but I don't believe I will by my next phone in the future without a root method for it available to the masses.

Just a side curiousity question. IF I were to get a new device (upgrade) in the future and were able to root it, would I be able to use titanium to restore apps from my Dinc to a new device?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just a side curiousity question. IF I were to get a new device (upgrade) in the future and were able to root it, would I be able to use titanium to restore apps from my Dinc to a new device?
As long as those apps was compatible with the new device I would say yes

sent via TaPaTaLk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac