Gmail push notifications quit working....again

LazerBoi_64

Jul 27, 2019
Visit site
Verizon Samsung S7 Edge running G935VVRUACSF2 software. Had the phone since the whole Note 7 fiasco and really hasn't been a problem until recently. About a month ago the phone quit receiving Gmail push notifications from ONE of my Gmail accounts. Ended up deleting the account on the phone and reinstalling it and things seemed to be working fine. Now, it's doing something similar. I no longer see new email notifications on the phone when I know I have new emails that I can see on my desktop. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's some bs power management garbage Samsung/Verizon has built into recent OS versions because other background applications seem to be affected as well. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, anything I can do about it...besides deleting and reinstalling email accounts?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Verizon Samsung S7 Edge running G935VVRUACSF2 software. Had the phone since the whole Note 7 fiasco and really hasn't been a problem until recently. About a month ago the phone quit receiving Gmail push notifications from ONE of my Gmail accounts. Ended up deleting the account on the phone and reinstalling it and things seemed to be working fine. Now, it's doing something similar. I no longer see new email notifications on the phone when I know I have new emails that I can see on my desktop. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's some bs power management garbage Samsung/Verizon has built into recent OS versions because other background applications seem to be affected as well. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, anything I can do about it...besides deleting and reinstalling email accounts?
You can try to take the email out of app optimizing for battery.

LazerBoi_64

Jul 27, 2019
Visit site
Ok , try resetting app preference.
Go into settings then apps>3 Dots upper right corner tap >app preference
This reset any restrictions in a app see if that helps

Reset and tweaked a few that were managed that I didn't want to be managed. Now let's see what happens. Thanks!

LazerBoi_64

Jul 27, 2019
Visit site
Well...sent my two Gmail accounts a test from a third account and the phone alerted almost immediately from both accounts so maaaybeee it is working. We'll see how it behaves moving forward. Thanks again for the timely responses. Very much appreciated!! :D

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well...sent my two Gmail accounts a test from a third account and the phone alerted almost immediately from both accounts so maaaybeee it is working. We'll see how it behaves moving forward. Thanks again for the timely responses. Very much appreciated!! :D
Your welcome, anytime