Gmail push notifications stopped.... Help!

Pattyzz

Dec 5, 2017
Visit site
Thank you imoanbackwards...the gmail notification you suggest WORKED!!!. Not sure how to reply to you I'm new here. I spent 3hrs trying every combination I could think of, even getting app fiir notication sounds...lol. but donuou know hiiw to change default notification sound, I wentbbto ringtones but wehsst kk select doesn't sound?? But any sound us better than no sound...lol. THANK YOU AGAIN!! I nevrrr thought about going into optimize battery and turning OFF GMAIL....WOW

Pattyzz

Dec 5, 2017
Visit site
Re: Wow that's works imoanbacjwards post about fixcing gmail notications thank you so much!!!!

Thank you imoanbackwards...the gmail notification you suggest WORKED!!!. Not sure how to reply to you I'm new here. I spent 3hrs trying every combination I could think of, even getting app fiir notication sounds...lol. But any sound is better than no sound...lol. THANK YOU AGAIN!! I nevrrr thought about going into optimize battery and turning OFF GMAIL....WOW

Kats2002

May 21, 2018
Visit site
Ok I registered on this website just to post what worked for me because absolutely none of these worked and I found the actual solution.

Samsung has been scared of the battery fiasco since the note 7 and since the battery in the s8 is smaller they've basically placed Gmail and all other apps into a power saving mode. I was having push notification problems with Hangouts too by the way.

1. Go to phone settings.
2. Click "Apps"
3. Press the 3 dots at top right corner and press "Special Access"
4. Press "Optimize Battery Usage"
5. At the top left it says "apps not optimized", press this until it says "All Apps"
6. Scroll down to Gmail. You'll notice that it is "on" with a blue indicator on the right. You actually need to turn this "OFF", so that Gmail goes into the "apps not optimized" section.

This is the only thing that worked for me after clearing cache, reinstalling, and all the other stuff posted.

I hope this helps. Nougat 7 settings and Samsung s8.

Kats2002

May 21, 2018
Visit site
This worked! I have been wrapping my head around this issue since getting my new phone a few days ago. It's a Samsung A5.

Thank You!

NMbug

Jun 20, 2018
Visit site
This worked for me,too,after going through the more obvious steps. Thanks!! I was not able to receive Gmail notifications on my Galaxy S7 until taking the "Special Access" path. Many thanks for including step-by-step instructions.

cnlson

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
There are a lot of threads about your exact issue but in a summary go to battery settings, click battery usage then the 3 vertical dots and go to Optimize battery usage, be sure to have Gmail on the, Apps not optimized option. Doze is print to sleep the apps that are there so you won't get any notifications, I mean if you haven't changed anything after the update.

Not an S8 related issue, Gmail app has this issue for some time now and it has gotten a lot worse since Nougat and the new Doze feature. Even with the above I still have this once in a while, but thanks God not as much as before, so this definitely helps a lot.

just wanted you to know that since my note 9 got android pie this exact thing was happening. I had tried resetting sync, cleared the framework and gmail data with no joy.
toggling this fixed it in a second. literally a test email that i sent 5 minutes ago that was not coming it showed up a second after I clicked to non optimized and a second email i sent showed within a second of it showing on my tablet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick