GO SMS Contact Photo's not showing on ICS

BoB_BaRkEr187

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Anyone use Go SMS Pro? I have had it for a while now and love it. However after downloading ICS last night none of my contact photos are showing. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it with no success. Everything else works great. I have my sync on for everything and have joined all my contacts.
The feature to pull contact photo's is on also.

Thanks!!!! :cool:

pgrtag

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone use Go SMS Pro? I have had it for a while now and love it. However after downloading ICS last night none of my contact photos are showing. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it with no success. Everything else works great. I have my sync on for everything and have joined all my contacts.
The feature to pull contact photo's is on also.

Thanks!!!! :cool:

Same issue in Handcent

BoB_BaRkEr187

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
it's annoying, everything was fine before ICS. I love ICS but this is just annoying lol. I even tried a factory reset and now the stock text app pulls the photo's but GO Sms doesn't

Slayers

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
how do you have your contact set to sync I have all mine showing up but most are locally stored on my phone

BoB_BaRkEr187

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I just have the sync for all my accounts on, I have the option for it to pull contacts from FB. So you just have a default picture or does yours change when people change their FB? Everyones pictures show on my actual Contact app but not in my Go SMS

wzm108it

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
It's a known issue and according to GO SMS they have fixed it. I just haven't seen the update hit the play store. I'm guessing ICS changed the way pictures are referenced.

BoB_BaRkEr187

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
It's a known issue and according to GO SMS they have fixed it. I just haven't seen the update hit the play store. I'm guessing ICS changed the way pictures are referenced.

Really? I hope they release an update because I really like that sms app. It is just annoying when something simple like that worked on the old OS and now it seems it cant. Do you have a link or anything so maybe I could contact the dev about it? Thanks!

wzm108it

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Really? I hope they release an update because I really like that sms app. It is just annoying when something simple like that worked on the old OS and now it seems it cant. Do you have a link or anything so maybe I could contact the dev about it? Thanks!

In GO SMS view your message list and hit the settings button (one with three lines bottom left). Click More (top right of the window that appears). Click Feedback and then For Questions, email us.

Be prepared for a very non gramatically correct answer. You can tell they are responding from another country and trying to speak English.

The message I sent them said...
Contact images aren't showing after ICS update unless they are embedded in the contract. If the pictures are synced with Facebook they don't show. This wasn't an issue before the update.

Their response:
Hello, this problem has set up a file in the repair of, please continue to pay attention to GO SMS messages, thank you

Zach

BoB_BaRkEr187

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
In GO SMS view your message list and hit the settings button (one with three lines bottom left). Click More (top right of the window that appears). Click Feedback and then For Questions, email us.

Be prepared for a very non gramatically correct answer. You can tell they are responding from another country and trying to speak English.

The message I sent them said...

Their response:

Zach

LOLOLOL!!!!! Perfectly understandable! I just hope they fix it soon, I love the app and just want that little bug fixed!

Ahowe125

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I also have this problem using VZMessages. It actually shows some contacts, but not all.

A side issue I figured I would ask about since we are on contact images, if you open up your people(contacts) app, and scroll over to your favorites, are those images really distorted??? I sync'd from facebook for images, and also after that my google+ synced, and the facebook images are crap and the google+ friends are crystal clear.

Anyone have that same issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo