Gonna switch from iPhone but....

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy has the One for $49 I love the blue one. They have the note on sale too for $199. Decisions decisions.

Tapped out on my iPhone 5S

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
HTC one is a perfect bad *** Phone I just wish it was a little smaller, so I bought a Moto X and I have never been happier now I have 2 amazing phones you can't go wrong

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I've got the G2 (verizon) and it ROCKS!!! The back buttons are really awesome once you get used to them and the "Knock-on/off" feature really is great. I find myself tapping every phone I pick up to turn it on and off. The Screen is gorgeous and the Camera takes INCREDIBLE pictures. The buttons are easier to use once you put it in a case. The optical Images stabilization works really well and being able to take video at 60 fps in true HD helps with action events. I really couldn't recommend it higher.

As for transferring songs, connect it with a USB cable and drag them over like a drive or sync with something like Doubletwist. If you use iTunes, Doubletwist is perfect for syncing your iTunes library with an Android device. Drag from your playlists to your phone just like iTunes. I still have unlimited data so I use Google Play Music and the subscription service for it so I don't keep a whole lot ON my phone. Because of the changes in Android, most manufacturers are moving away from allowing micro SD cards for expansion because Android no longer supports it. Samsung writes it into Touchwiz but it's not really supported "under the hood". Android was having a lot of problems because so many of the microSD cards had such radically different qualities that they caused lock-ups and loss of data and people were blaming it on the OS when it was really the cheap/slow cards. If you really need to have additional memory available, you can use USB OTG cables to hook to flash drives and you can use things like the Meenova MicroSD card reader that works in the MicroUSB port to expand your memory (Meenova.com, Welcome) It's fast and reliable. I use it to put movies on it for when I'm traveling or know I'll have a lot of time to kill and don't want to stream everything. It's great for storing things you know you don't want to have on your phone all the time. Also, if sound is a big deal and you use good headphones or hook up to good sound systems, the music quality is INCREDIBLE. The speaker on it is okay but when outputting through a good sound system, it's VERY rich thanks to it's 24bit music processor. Even upsampled music sounds good. HTC One sounds the best through the built in speakers thanks to them being forward facing but the sound through the sound jack into a really good set of headphones was better from the G2 (imo).

As for the LG UI. It's so customizable that once you start doing your own thing to it, it's really not bad. A lot of the customization they've done actually works really well. Sure it's **** ugly when you turn it on thanks to their sense of style but all the elements can be changed or turned off based on what you like. This is the first Android phone I've had that I didn't feel the need to use a custom launcher. It's so customizable in and of it's self that I really haven't felt the need.

Anyway, None of the phones you are looking at are bad. It really just comes down to preference. Size of phone and screen? Stylus or no stylus? Metal body? All of them are fast and reliable phones that have their own "niche" and I was choosing between the same phones and have friends and family who have all of the phones above and NONE of them complain. This really is the best time ever for Android phones. So many great ones out there.

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I've got the G2 (verizon) and it ROCKS!!! The back buttons are really awesome once you get used to them and the "Knock-on/off" feature really is great. I find myself tapping every phone I pick up to turn it on and off. The Screen is gorgeous and the Camera takes INCREDIBLE pictures. The buttons are easier to use once you put it in a case. The optical Images stabilization works really well and being able to take video at 60 fps in true HD helps with action events. I really couldn't recommend it higher.

As for transferring songs, connect it with a USB cable and drag them over like a drive or sync with something like Doubletwist. If you use iTunes, Doubletwist is perfect for syncing your iTunes library with an Android device. Drag from your playlists to your phone just like iTunes. I still have unlimited data so I use Google Play Music and the subscription service for it so I don't keep a whole lot ON my phone. Because of the changes in Android, most manufacturers are moving away from allowing micro SD cards for expansion because Android no longer supports it. Samsung writes it into Touchwiz but it's not really supported "under the hood". Android was having a lot of problems because so many of the microSD cards had such radically different qualities that they caused lock-ups and loss of data and people were blaming it on the OS when it was really the cheap/slow cards. If you really need to have additional memory available, you can use USB OTG cables to hook to flash drives and you can use things like the Meenova MicroSD card reader that works in the MicroUSB port to expand your memory (Meenova.com, Welcome) It's fast and reliable. I use it to put movies on it for when I'm traveling or know I'll have a lot of time to kill and don't want to stream everything. It's great for storing things you know you don't want to have on your phone all the time. Also, if sound is a big deal and you use good headphones or hook up to good sound systems, the music quality is INCREDIBLE. The speaker on it is okay but when outputting through a good sound system, it's VERY rich thanks to it's 24bit music processor. Even upsampled music sounds good. HTC One sounds the best through the built in speakers thanks to them being forward facing but the sound through the sound jack into a really good set of headphones was better from the G2 (imo).

As for the LG UI. It's so customizable that once you start doing your own thing to it, it's really not bad. A lot of the customization they've done actually works really well. Sure it's **** ugly when you turn it on thanks to their sense of style but all the elements can be changed or turned off based on what you like. This is the first Android phone I've had that I didn't feel the need to use a custom launcher. It's so customizable in and of it's self that I really haven't felt the need.

Anyway, None of the phones you are looking at are bad. It really just comes down to preference. Size of phone and screen? Stylus or no stylus? Metal body? All of them are fast and reliable phones that have their own "niche" and I was choosing between the same phones and have friends and family who have all of the phones above and NONE of them complain. This really is the best time ever for Android phones. So many great ones out there.

I liketheG2 but their sold out

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Go with the LG G2............... I just got the LG isai ( the same as a LG G2 but with a SD slot ) and love the screen size over my old iPhone 5

mmcdonald599

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Maybe just pick up a used good condition G2 and keep the 5s and use wifi only? The best of both worlds is great for sure, I use my Nexus 5 on T Mobile and 32 GB *iPod* 5 as a second screen in my pocket and I coolant be happier. iOS is great for sure but not as an exclusive for most of us. Best if both worlds option for sure.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Getting bored with iPhone just got the 5s. Want something different. Leaning toward the LG G2 or Note 3 or HTC ONE. I wanna know which one u all prefer. Very honest opinions welcome. Might even keep the 5s and get the best of both worlds but don't know about adding a line to get it. Don't really need 2 phones. LOL

I would skip the HTC One unless you are in love with the Stereo Speakers or case. It is long in the tooth, and it's days of updates are numbered.

The Note 3 has great specs with some exceptions. Camera is awful in low light and macro. And it is polluted with the Touchwiz UI, which a lot of people hate (including me...touchwiz is 90% of the reason I won't buy Samsung again).

The G2 is the best of those three, assuming you can tolerate LG's UI, and the weird button placement. Fast CPU, great display, awesome camera. My real advice is to get a Nexus 5...if you are coming from iOS, this is going to be the easiest for you to deal with, and it will have the most fluid and consistent UI, and get the longest term updates. It's specs are comparable to these phones and better in some ways.

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the advice and opinions. Went and played with the androids and decided to keep my 5s