Good ROMs for Optimus S

MJBFxs

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I am going to be getting my new Optimus S and was wondering what ROMs would be good for it. I am coming from a ZTE Score from Cricket in hopes of getting a better and wider variety of ROMs for the Optimus S. (Sorry mods if this has already been asked)

Suggestions would be very helpful.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I am going to be getting my new Optimus S and was wondering what ROMs would be good for it. I am coming from a ZTE Score from Cricket in hopes of getting a better and wider variety of ROMs for the Optimus S. (Sorry mods if this has already been asked)

Suggestions would be very helpful.

For zvd I would recommended the kravens CM7! For zvh Your Mom Rom! gRom or opti-Rom. These roms are under active development and have gotten really good reviews.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
What baseband are you running?
ZVH - gRom /Opti-Rom / Your Mom Rom - all based on LG official source. My current favorite is Your Mom rom by Team Hydro

ZVD - ReBorn / CM7 builds by Kraven/athenos/Drew Walton/Zefie - all run amazing and stable on ZVD.

Are you already rooted and with a custom recovery? If not, please research using the How To guides stickied at the top of the forum. Nearly all questions have been answered for each of the software versions.

Any more questions, feel free to ask!

Kamron

Punk a$$ b1tcH
Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Since your phone is new, I'm guessing it will be ZVH baseband out of the box (but I could be wrong). Assuming so, I would try out the ZVH roms first and see if you're happy with them, if so, you won't have to downgrade to ZVD, and the rooting tools for ZVH are very easy! Make sure you also check out Drew's latest kernel (Ginger Kernel v8) no matter which ZVH rom you choose because it fixes some of the stock LG problems.

Check out the sticky for a list of all roms: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...mus-guide-rooting-roms-recoveries-themes.html

Reactions: pergerson6

MJBFxs

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
eletendre,

I don't know what baseband I am running since I have not received the Optimus yet. But I sure hope that it is ZVD so I can get the CM7 ROM. Also I'm sounding like a noob here but which custom recovery is best? I'm coming from a Sanyo Zio by Kyocera at Cricket Wireless. So this is a big step for me to go from no contract to contract. On the Zio I had CWM working on it. The devs over at XDA ported it over to work on the Zio. So which custom recovery should I flash when I get it?

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Research, research, research.
scientia potentia est

Make sure you know what is going on because you can and will end up with a brick if you dont know what you are doing. Someone on this forum always says,

1) you can and will end up with a brick
2) rooting can cause a nuclear holocaust.

be careful. happy flashing!

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
eletendre,

I don't know what baseband I am running since I have not received the Optimus yet. But I sure hope that it is ZVD so I can get the CM7 ROM. Also I'm sounding like a noob here but which custom recovery is best? I'm coming from a Sanyo Zio by Kyocera at Cricket Wireless. So this is a big step for me to go from no contract to contract. On the Zio I had CWM working on it. The devs over at XDA ported it over to work on the Zio. So which custom recovery should I flash when I get it?
What ever you do, DO NOT USE rom manager on the Optimus s, it can cause a brick on these phones. I also use to have a zio and from day one before even rooting you will notice a big difference between the 2 phones.
As for recovery use Xionia recovery.

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
^^ this.

If it comes with ZVD, then all you need is to read the gingerbreak (rooting zvd) thread. It will explain step by step, all the processes from rooting to custom ROM.

If it comes with ZVH, you can either root ZVH and try one of those ROMS, or, sprint has made available an official downgrade to zvd zip file.

Root.
Custom recovery (thunderc or xionia). I highly recommend xionia.
Custom ROM. Drew's or Kravens CM7 for ZVD or Your Mom for ZVH.

When you get the phone:
Settings>About Phone>Baseband will tell you what you are running.

Then, come read and make an informed decision!

Reactions: MJBFxs

MJBFxs

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
eletendre84,

I had a question. Does the LG Optimus S ship with 2.3 or 2.2? I read on the Sprint website that it comes shipped with 2.3. But other websites say it comes with 2.2.

MJBFxs

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I need help.

I have gotten my LG Optimus S but I don't know what the baseband version is. It says under Baseband version:
LS670MVD_60401001

And under Build Number it says: ZVD.41B2924E and SW Version also says LS670ZVD. So is ZVD my baseband?

Kamron

Punk a$$ b1tcH
Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Both Drew's and the Kraven's CM7's run on baseband ZVD. Kraven's is currently maintained; so, you might want to try that one out first. Make sure you follow an appropriate rooting guide for ZVD (not ZVH or any other baseband). Then flash xionia recovery once you have root, then you'll be able to flash ZVD roms to your heart's content! (Making nandroid backups at appropriate intervals once you have xionia installed).

Have fun!

Reactions: MJBFxs

MJBFxs

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone!

Thanks for giving me the support I needed to get my Optimus S running CM7.2 by thekraven. I wondered if there was anyone who could upload the Sprint boot animation so I could maintain some Sprint authenticity? If anyone could upload this and tell me how to install it I would be grateful.

Thanks!

Connervt

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I wondered if there was anyone who could upload the Sprint boot animation so I could maintain some Sprint authenticity?

My phone has "Sprint" written on the front of it, and each month I get an envelope in the mail that has "Sprint" written all over it.

That's authentic enough for me. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hulkjr77