Google assistant voice changes

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
So I've been using Google Assistant for a long time and I have some things set up where if I say, hey Google I'm up it'll go through a morning routine etc. But lately, the Google voice has been changing every time it talks. For example, it will say good morning. The time is 7:00 a.m., then the voice gets really muffled and soft and then it will say the temperature is 60°. Then it will switch voices on me. I have the male voice on right now but then it will switch to the woman and then for its last phase it'll go back to the normal Google voice. Is anyone having any issues like this on their pixel 7 phone?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
This has happened to me. I told my wife mine has multiple personalities and doesn't know who it is. Lol

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
This has happened to me. I told my wife mine has multiple personalities and doesn't know who it is. Lol

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
Lol I like that. It's strange because I have a Lenovo smart clock on my nightstand and when I use the Google assistant there it doesn't do that

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I also use a morning routine and after she says good morning I have to listen with it next to my ear to hear the weather. But then it sounds normal volume for the rest. It’s been doing this for quite awhile and did not happen after any update, just happened out of the blue. I’ve gotten used to it.
Nice to know I’m not the only one

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Same here. I also use a morning routine and after she says good morning I have to listen with it next to my ear to hear the weather. But then it sounds normal volume for the rest. It’s been doing this for quite awhile and did not happen after any update, just happened out of the blue. I’ve gotten used to it.
Nice to know I’m not the only one
Yes! It's so strange, and no, you're not the only one that's happening to. It's been doing this for a while now.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes! It's so strange, and no, you're not the only one that's happening to. It's been doing this for a while now.

Just noticed this morning that when I listened to my good morning routine the quiet part only comes out of one speaker. That would be the weather report and the calendar. Then it goes to normal volume out of both speakers. Weird

Zorrak

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
This happens to me on Waze all the time. It changes voices constantly even in the middle of saying 1 direction step. In 1000 ft(1 voice), take the exit ramp(another voice).

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
This happens to me on Waze all the time. It changes voices constantly even in the middle of saying 1 direction step. In 1000 ft(1 voice), take the exit ramp(another voice).

That's eery, sounds like the beginning of a horror movie lol.

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
You can set the voice you prefer, on the home app, it's a per-user setting. It actually works quite well, in a room with several custom (or stock) voice-settings, the user asking for basic info will get the selected voice.

For different agents, such as Waze, they can override the stock or user-selected voice.

It's somewhat confusing, but it's really all about keeping-context, in a CS sense (I did some voice-design work, some years ago now, which was pretty enlightening, I had a very steep ramp, despite a lot of years in s/w dev... ;-]).

If you're hearing voices outside of YOUR context, or an agent-context, then you should start to worry (perhaps the horror movie thing, or just voices in your head, hmm ;-]).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred