Google Calendar

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
So on my previous phones (moto's) I can look as far back as 2017 on google calendar for events and so forth. On my 4a (4g) got in Dec 20' once I go to say 2019 and older I see nothing. I can see things are being synced. Am I missing something?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you generally have a ton of events each day, or is it only one or two? I think there used to be a limitation to the number of events (not days) that would be synced to the phone, but that might not be the case any more. When I just checked Google Calendar on my 3 XL, the calendar I use for my hospital group's scheduling goes back at least as far as 2017 (I didn't bother scrolling further), and each day has 4-6 events, so that would suggest to me that there's no longer a limitation.

Go to Settings>Accounts, select your Google account, and look at the Calendar sync information. Does it say Sync Error? What if you turn off the sync toggle for Calendar, and then turn it on again?

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
B.Diddy, no i don't have a ton of events on any given day. I am looking under the settings, I have two, 1 at the top it's says calendar and just sync again after i toggled off then back on. Further down about 6 down for me, it says google calendar, toggled it off and back on and shows the time when it synced.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing the app cache/data from the Google Calendar app in Settings>Apps, then let it resync and see if the problem persists.

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Try clearing the app cache/data from the Google Calendar app in Settings>Apps, then let it resync and see if the problem persists.

Ok, I will let you know how that goes. Thanks for the help :)

ETA: Cleared cache/data.. the calendar above contacts synced right away. google calendar didn't at first but now shows it has. After I restarted the phone it now shows as my old phones does :)

Thank you Again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal