Google Contacts non stop "Getting contacts, this may take a while..."

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Lol.

This is not a cell phone carrier contract phone. So there is nothing pre-installed by the carrier.

It puzzled greatly me as well. My wife has an exact same phone bought a couple of months ago. No problem at all.
This phone may not be a carrier phone, but do you recall if any of your prior phones were from a carrier? (In the bad old days, you were almost universally required to get a phone directly from the carrier, at least until the Nexus was introduced.) If so, one of them might have synced over a preinstalled contact (which is why I suggested looking for one of these in your Google Contacts in the cloud, rather than on your phone).

BTW, I totally understand if you'd rather just let this issue rest. If it doesn't interfere with your normal usage, then that's what's most important!

onthemove

May 10, 2023
Visit site
This phone may not be a carrier phone, but do you recall if any of your prior phones were from a carrier? (In the bad old days, you were almost universally required to get a phone directly from the carrier, at least until the Nexus was introduced.) If so, one of them might have synced over a preinstalled contact (which is why I suggested looking for one of these in your Google Contacts in the cloud, rather than on your phone).

BTW, I totally understand if you'd rather just let this issue rest. If it doesn't interfere with your normal usage, then that's what's most important!
I see. I am actually not from US. I have also never gotten a contract phone from my carrier previously.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali