Google Contacts non stop "Getting contacts, this may take a while..."

onthemove

May 10, 2023
Visit site
I think I should add a little more about what I have done earlier.

When this problem first occurred, I actually did a factory reset, and start them beginning again. Same thing.

Also, my old phone went completely dead. Couldn't be started. Would that be a problem?

I also log out my Google account of my old phone when I sent it for repair (repair cost too expensive that's why I decided to get a new phone), worrying about security. Would that be a problem also?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think I should add a little more about what I have done earlier.

When this problem first occurred, I actually did a factory reset, and start them beginning again. Same thing.

Also, my old phone went completely dead. Couldn't be started. Would that be a problem?

I also log out my Google account of my old phone when I sent it for repair (repair cost too expensive that's why I decided to get a new phone), worrying about security. Would that be a problem also?
It shouldn't matter but for some reason its getting stuck from back up it seems

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
One last thing to try

Long press the contact app then tap ! Then upper right corner tap uninstall the update and recheck dont let play store automatically update it

onthemove

May 10, 2023
Visit site
Anyway. I think we probably kill all the possibilities there is out there. Thanks for all the help. I will just not sync anything. I can live with that no problem. Cheers

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Anyway. I think we probably kill all the possibilities there is out there. Thanks for all the help. I will just not sync anything. I can live with that no problem. Cheers
No problem, your welcome!
Wish could of nailed it with some of the suggestions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I know you're graciously trying to let us off the hook 😁 but I'm still puzzling about this. I recall that sometimes if the phone synced one of those carrier-preinstalled contacts (like a T-Mobile Customer Service contact, or something like that), it might mess up syncing back on a later phone. Check your contacts in the Google Contacts cloud to see if any of those kinds of entries are present, and if so, delete them in the cloud.

onthemove

May 10, 2023
Visit site
I know you're graciously trying to let us off the hook 😁 but I'm still puzzling about this. I recall that sometimes if the phone synced one of those carrier-preinstalled contacts (like a T-Mobile Customer Service contact, or something like that), it might mess up syncing back on a later phone. Check your contacts in the Google Contacts cloud to see if any of those kinds of entries are present, and if so, delete them in the clou

Lol.

This is not a cell phone carrier contract phone. So there is nothing pre-installed by the carrier.

It puzzled greatly me as well. My wife has an exact same phone bought a couple of months ago. No problem at all.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Lol.

This is not a cell phone carrier contract phone. So there is nothing pre-installed by the carrier.

It puzzled greatly me as well. My wife has an exact same phone bought a couple of months ago. No problem at all.
Check in safe mode for certain amount of time see if allows syncing

onthemove

May 10, 2023
Visit site
At this moment I have resorted to disabling Googles Contact App, to prevent it from getting contacts non stop, possibly draining my battery life at the background.

I have installed another simple contacts app, turning off all syncing, and it works fine. I can live without syncing no problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001