Google Edition camera app w/ Photosphere - easy install, no root needed

daehl

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I've installed this on my Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-I535). It works just fine on the original OTA 4.1.2, but when I install it over CyanogenMod 10.1.3-RC1 (or RC2) it doesn't work right, and sometimes locks up the phone. The PhotoShpere part works fine, but when you try and take a normal photo (either front or rear camera with flash on or off) it will take one photo, and then lock up the camera. The viewfinder still shows the last photo taken, and an error message eventually appears saying that the camera/gallery is no longer responding. Rebooting is the only way to get the camera to respond again.
Strange how it works just fine with Verizon's 4.1.2.

Sovereign Knight

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I just tried this Gallery/Camera app on my P769 and it has a fatal flaw. Can't select 1080p record mode in the video camera, it causes it to force close......

I'm running stock rooted 4.1.2. V20F

SSP Bowl Dude

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Works fine on the HTC Evo 3D. Only noticed three issues: 1, volume buttons function as shutter, not zoom; 2, app crashes when going into video mode; 3 activating camera by pressing on shutter button starts Google camera, not HTC.

Does not overwrite stock HTC camera.

Pravash Mool

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
since, i moved from my gnexus to Note 2, photosphere was one thing that i was missing

and this apk solved that problem

works great with my note 2 N7100

thankx for the post

ragingclue25

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I just tried installing this on my moto x now the camera will not open. Can someone please help me. I know i prob did something stupid, any help will be appreciated.

Sunny Chan

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I tested on my fujitsu M532 tablet and it is android 4.0.3. It installs as a gallery camera. Only the camera works, the movie and sphere etc crashes in the middle of use. Why?
Are there any upgraded version of this apk?

Solaris3003

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Works fine on the HTC Evo 3D. Only noticed three issues: 1, volume buttons function as shutter, not zoom; 2, app crashes when going into video mode; 3 activating camera by pressing on shutter button starts Google camera, not HTC.

Does not overwrite stock HTC camera.

There is one more thing that seems to not work - when photosphere pic is uploaded to google+, you just can't view it in "photosphere mode" online :-\

AussieAndroid

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
This is fantastic, as I've just been wondering what the differences were between the two cameras. Now I can try both :)

Just to confirm, does the GE camera not record video in stereo? Preliminary testing suggests it doesn't, and the sound is softer than the same footage recorded with the HTC camera.

schindller

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Works great on GS4 i9500.
Hey guys
Try backup on Titanium Backup ( camera and gallery apk)
Uninstall both on Titanium
Root file --> paste new apk on system/app
Install
Enjoy!
=D

Thanks Alex!

Vlad Taushanov

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Does not work on LG 4X HD P880.

Regular camera and panorama work fine. In Photosphere mode the app crashes immediately after the first picture is taken.

Bugger! I really wanted this to work! :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45